community service

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NFloyd2357, Jul 8, 2010.

1. what happens if i can't finish it in time? i have literally called over 50 places in the past 4 days or so and can't find anywhere that needs help. I have gotten either "we don't need help, try this place (same list from everyone)" , "so and so is on vaca, call back in 2 weeks," or "ill call you back," and they never do. I dont think i'll be able to finish in time seeing as its tuesday. advice? tips? experience?

2. ask your probation officer asap. most court systems have their own community service program where u get on a van or bus with other ppl andthey drive you to places to pick up trash and shit.

3. i don't have a probation officer. not on probation either. they just told me at the last court date to do 20 hours and it was off my record. i had a place all lined up that decided to tell me less than a week before court that they couldnt use me anymore. I, just now, found a church, but they can't take me until monday, and court is tuesday... so i'm hoping they will either sign the paper saying i did 20 hours, and i can just go in and finish the hours after my court date... worst case, i'll at least be able to have some hours signed off saying that im completing the rest and hopefully that will at least help when i go to court. ugh, this is stressful. i hardly drink... never in the day, and never alone... and right now, at 2:52, alone, during the day, i am drinking. damn legal system will do that to ya

4. go to the court and talk to the DA about this and im sure they will give you another court date like a month from now and that will give you time to finish it.