Commercial buildings roof maintnence?

Discussion in 'General' started by DCrist721, Jun 27, 2006.

1. This might seem like a really random question but behind my house lies a some kind of computer analyst firm or something and with a ladder I can get over my fence and onto their storage shed in the back, and from their pull the ladder up and get onto their roof. Its on a major road but its about 1.5 stories and you cant see the roof from the road. I'd like to grow a couple of plants in 5 gallon buckets up their, to avoid legal entanglement if the police in my area ever to an infared scan, but if the workers find the plants I'm SOL.

It seems like their is some kind of a hatch that can be used to get onto the roof, but we have a similar one at mcdonalds and no one ever needs to go up there so that doesnt nessesarily mean trouble. Plus, it didnt look too clean up there which would lead me to believe that no one really goes up their.

I don't know if anyone would know this, but is their any kind of regular maintnence that needs to be done on a commercial buildings roof? If the only maintnence I have to worry about is that from an unexpected problem, I could live with that risk of them finding my plants if its not a definite.

2. ac's, heating units, exhaust fans, etc..... if these are located on the roof and there is a mechanical issue they will have to go to the roof

I wouldn't grow somewhere to where if you get caught on the way-it's hard to explain. Like if your climbing up a ladder with some soil/fert/water and someone happens to see and a cop comes you have to think how you are going to handle that situation. Remember to that when walking to your area you give up all rights to search you, so if you have a bag they have the right to check it.