Coming out of casing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 12inchbong, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Hey everyone. I'm germinating a bunch of my seeds using the paper towel in a plastic bag method. I just checked them and almost all are putting out the taproot. About 10 of them are actually starting to pry open the seed casing and come out. Is this normal, and should I leave them to continue germinating? Or should I plant them right away?
    Thanks!

2. plant them now u don want them to get long at all or the shell to fall out that means that they wont get roots they will just go through shock and die if they are to long so plant them this is a case where u shoulda read up on germinating before u stareed beause some of those will prolly die now u shoulda just planted the seeds instead of germination if u didnt know when to put them in but just plant them now and save some

3. I've germinated seeds before, thank you......
    Last time I germinated seeds I didn't see any that were breaking out of their casings. They just produced long taproots and then I planted them. The taproots on the seeds that are breaking their shells aren't long. I just started germinating them yesterday, so there's only about 5 or 6 with really long taproots. The rest have fairly short ones....