Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Combining blunts with gravity bongs

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by blaziken, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 blaziken, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Note: check the final paragraph for the TL;DR version of this post, ya nancies.

Introduction

So lately me and my roommate and most of our friends have migrated to a new method of smoking our reefer. We are all partial to blunts, as there is almost always 3+ heads around when we get to smoking; bowls and joints just don't make it around the circle enough times to get everybody high. We've smoked a LOT of blunts. We've figured out some cool shit to do with them during that time, and one of those things is what this thread is about.
    Basically, you're going to be smoking the latter half of every blunt you smoke in your gravity bong. It works similar to building up a hit in a regular bong, where the smoke stays in the pipes until you pull the choke and suck it up into your lungs, or like a shotgun hit.

The benefit to this method is that you don't have to break your blunt up to use it in the bong, saving time with packing and repacking. In addition, because blunts start hitting much harsher after about halfway gone, putting it in at under the halfway point guarantees every hit you pull with it will be milky and thick, leading to a stronger high. It is very difficult to get the hits to build up as large when just packing bowls. The blunt stays lit the entire time it's in the GB, so you don't have to keep relighting it like you do with bowl packs. It also provides a simple way for you to finish blunts, roach and all, instead of awkwardly pinching the edge to get the last few hits.

You need two things: a fat blunt, and a nicely made gravity bong. The following steps are how to make one extremely easily for those unfamiliar:

Gravity Bong Crafting Instructions

2. Get an empty 2-liter or something similar (a plastic orange juice bottle is a good substitute; the only requirements is that it has a screw-on cap and it fits in your base container). I recommend 2-liters because they seem to hit smoother, but the con to them is that they take forever to screw the lid on and off all the way each time.

3. Get a socket, preferably a smallish one (not the smallest available), preferably one that fluctuates in size at its halfway point. These are better because they fit more snugly in the hole you're going to cut in a few steps, and fall out less. They are pretty common, but some are built as basically a cylindrical tube which are a little less nifty for this.

4. Using a knife, stab a hole in the lid of your 2-liter directly in the center, and twist it around in a circle to hollow out a space for your socket. When you put it in there, take a lighter to the hole to make it melt onto the socket (this won't be extremely effective, but it makes it more airtight).

5. Cut the bottom part of your 2-liter off, leaving as much bottle as you want smoke (there is finesse to this part, as the bottom should be cut as evenly as possible so it doesn't sit lopsided, and cutting too little off will make it not hit as good; use trial and error by cutting off a little and moving forward from there to get it makes a whistling sound while the lid is screwed on and you pull it up)

6. Fill the first container with water. Drop your gb-ed 2-liter into the container. voila, you now have an extremely cheap gravity bong. You simply put the blunt into the socket and pull up slowly till it's at the edge of the water and almost out, then you unscrew the lid and pull all the smoke out with your lungs. 

Method usage instructions 
    Now that you have your GB, roll a blunt. Stare passionately at your GB while you smoke your blunt, but don't use it for now. Make heartfelt promises to it that you will smoke out of it when your lungs are ready.

When the blunt gets a little bit under halfway (the point at which it starts to hit a lot harsher than it doe for the first half), just jam it mouthpiece-first into your GB.

Pull that bitch.

Aww, yeah. You see that smoke? Take that hit like a champion. Clear it in one gulp, I dare you.

---Additional clarification edit--- To clarify, that extra smoke isn't because of the blunt wrap not being taken off. It does contribute some of the smoke, and some health-nuts disagree with this method because of it, but at this point you've already chosen to smoke a blunt. THIS IS NO LESS HEALTHY THAN SMOKING A BLUNT USING A NORMAL METHOD. You are using the bottle as a set of huge lungs, and building up the same kind of hit you will get if you hit the blunt yourself, just a whole lot more of it. You don't take the blunt apart in any way, it stays in the same form when it gets put in the GB. It hits better than hitting that same weed after breaking it up because IT'S MAGIC. I DON'T KNOW WHY IT WORKS LIKE THAT. Seriously, just compare and contrast the two methods of using a GB, once by packing a bowl in it and building it up the normal way, and once by putting a blunt in it and building a hit of that. Feel free to post your results.

-----Advanced Tips-----
    1. You don't want to put a screen into the socket you're putting your blunt in. This will allow you to push the blunt deeper into the socket, making it more airtight and making it have a few hits left you can get with a lighter after the blunt goes out. Put the screen in only for bowl packs.

2. When the roach is practically gone, it will usually fall through the socket and into the water. This does eventually make it nasty, especially if you hit water. You should clean the GB at least once a week.

3. If you can't find a socket, you can cut the hole into the lid like you have one and then put the blunt between two fingers, holding it fairly tightly, with the mouthpiece hanging out, and cover the hole with your hand, the mouthpiece sticking into the hole. You can pull it this way, but if the blunt is too short it'll burn your fingers a bit.

TLDR: The smoke builds up WAY thicker if you put a blunt in there instead of packing a bowl into the GB. The blunt is the perfect delivery system for the GB, it's like a brown cylindrical skyscraper of weed in there. There is no better way to utilize a GB than to finish off your blunts.

--- Video Evidence Edit ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_SSghFCsE

2. #2 lFourTwenty, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Why would you mix a blunt with your weed in a bowl?

You realize you are inhaling everything harmful in the blunt..that's why there's more smoke.

The blunt doesn't get you any higher..it just tastes bad and is bad for you.

Can't believe you wrote a huge article about this..lol :smoke:

I've smoked roaches out of a bowl before, but not half a blunt.

3. Dont forget to add the part were you make sure you take the blunt wrap off before you smoke the roachweed. Otherwise there WILL be more nasty smoke because of the blunt wrap, take the roachweed out and pack bowls with it.

You don't put weed in the bowl. I literally never said to do that in the huge article I wrote. I didn't even say to screen the socket in order to put weed in there like that, because it's an inferior method of smoking out of a GB. 

You inhale everything harmful in the blunt without putting it in the GB. If you're already smoking it, why not smoke it in the best way possible? 

You know that a gravity bong isn't a bowl, right? It's not like throwing some roach weed in there. You keep the entire blunt, fully formed, and put it in the top part. It looks like a GB with half a blunt sticking out of the top. Taking the wrap off or doing anything else to break down the blunt defeats the entire process.

The smoke isn't thick because it's got tobacco leaf smoke in it, it's because it hits the blunt extremely hard and builds up a huge hit you probably couldn't fit in your lungs otherwise. You then take the hit via a bong rip. It's better. 

Doing it that way would make the only difference between the normal method and my method being that my weed is roach weed while the normal method isn't technically roach weed. You are wrong. 

Okay so let me get this straight. Your blunts don't have weed in them? If they do, you are mixing the blunt with the weed and smoking it out of a bowl. Why would you want to inhale blunt wrap when you can just smoke the weed normally from either blunt or gravity bong?

You honestly thought I was talking about breaking up blunt wrap and mixing it with weed, then smoking it in the bowl?

7. #7 blaziken, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014

The blunt has weed in it. The bowl does not. If you put a fully wrapped blunt in the bowl, you have a blunt in a bowl. Not weed, a bowl, and a blunt. I'm not mixing a blunt with weed and smoking it out of a bowl, I am putting a blunt (by definition a rillo with weed in it) into the opening of a gravity bong and smoking it. There's nothing else in the bowl but the blunt. 

No, I honestly thought you were talking about filling the socket part of the GB with weed, somehow squeezing the blunt in there the way the article details, and then trying to smoke it that way. That doesn't make sense. I honestly thought you were referring to a blunt as a blunt. 

Edit: After re-reading your comment 4 or 5 times I think I finally get what you're trying to ask. Are you asking why I would want to roll the weed up into a blunt, then smoke it in a bowl instead of just smoking it in the bowl or smoking it in the blunt? If so, did you even read the article? 

8. Why the fuck would you taint weed with tobacco?

This is a stupid thread, tobacco to the dome is stupid as hell

9. Fuck the haters, dude! I've been doing that for years. It's awesome! Kind of like taking a huge shotgun every hit, 😎Signed, John E. Smoke.

10. I don't smoke cigarettes or tobacco in general. The extent of my tobacco use is the leaves that make up blunt wraps. If you don't smoke blunts, why would you even bother commenting on a post that has a title like mine? Get out of here. 

11. I never imagined I'd write this and have to argue with people about whether or not it works without them even bothering to try it. Lol. Rock on, man. 

You can get just as big hits out of a gravity bong with just weed and a screen..I don't see why you think you are somehow getting more THC when you roll it in a blunt? If you pack the bowl on the GB right, you can get yellow milky hits, without a blunt wrap fucking up the taste.

You have to be smoking schwag or mids because i don't see anyone rolling blunts of dank and smoking it like that.

You can, with practice, get about the same amount out of a bowl pack. It's just insanely easier to put the blunt in there without having to pack it just right and worry about holding the lighter to it and all that. It's a simple, effective way to get good hits every time. 

I do usually stick to mids, primarily because I supply weed for the two stoners that live with me as well as our friends when they come over. I'm not a famous rapper, I don't roll blunts of dank every day. 

I'm just saying, if you find yourself smoking a blunt of some mid and wanna pull out a party trick, finishign it off in a GB will get everyone high with just a hit apiece. 

14. ..

Its for your health, there's no need for extra carcinogens. C'mon man, atleast use a hemp paper.

I'm not interested in your anti-blunt crusade. I smoke blunts. i wrote this for people who smoke blunts. You are contributing nothing to this thread. 

16. op is fucking retarded, let this kid smoke his nasty ass blunts in a bowl and kill his lungs while he thinks hes getting WAY higher cuz he left the wrap on..

17. I used to do this at my buddy's house during high school lunch almost every day and it definitely gets you pretty fucking high, saves a lot of time too.

18. [quote name="blaziken" post="19341665" timestamp="1389749546"]You don't put weed in the bowl. I literally never said to do that in the huge article I wrote. I didn't even say to screen the socket in order to put weed in there like that, because it's an inferior method of smoking out of a GB. You inhale everything harmful in the blunt without putting it in the GB. If you're already smoking it, why not smoke it in the best way possible? You know that a gravity bong isn't a bowl, right? It's not like throwing some roach weed in there. You keep the entire blunt, fully formed, and put it in the top part. It looks like a GB with half a blunt sticking out of the top. Taking the wrap off or doing anything else to break down the blunt defeats the entire process.The smoke isn't thick because it's got tobacco leaf smoke in it, it's because it hits the blunt extremely hard and builds up a huge hit you probably couldn't fit in your lungs otherwise. You then take the hit via a bong rip. It's better. [/quote] Why not just roll a smaller blunt and pack a bowl afterwords lol

I'm not here to debate whether or not I should be smoking blunts. I'm here to tell blunt-smokers how to get the most out of their blunt. You are contributing nothing.