Combined UV/IR switch.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by supressed, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Hey guys, workin with my new QB that came with a switch to turn on both UV and IR at the same time. Growing autos. They have been budding a week or 2 now, so I'm looking at toying with at least some UV....but does IR have any positive or negative effect on autos? I understand the idea of the emerson effect and photos, but that doesnt make a heck of alot of sense with autos, as they don't require the "sleep" and "awakening" that photos do.

I guess my question is, when do I turn on this UV/IR switch to gain some positive effect, or do I just leave it off even though I want some UV in their lives.....because I'm worried about the IR being left on. So far due to lack of information I have just been taking my friends advice and leaving the switches on for 2 hours a day, mid-day, because there is no way to seperate and time these switches, and there's no way I'm doing it manually on a daily basis.

Thoughts, ideas? Thanks alot guys.

2. Some people say only last 2 weeks, but I have also read that you can use it from the beginning, even in veg. I mean think about it logically: If a plant is grown outside it gets UV all the time, it just gets more intense in the summer, but UV is ALWAYS there...

3. Exacccctly....I am with you on the outdoors theory, and you're right, some people say this, some people say that about when to turn it on and how long to leave it on. I am forever reading and alot of what's online is super super scientific, I just want someone to look at my lights in particular and tell me exactly how many hours a day, or if it's even worth my time with autoflowers. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the response!

4. Autos behave the same as photos in most situations.
    IR is good for plants.
    The light maker thinks turning them both on at the same time is a good idea, and I agree.