Colorado-Washington-?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dFly320, Jun 24, 2013.

1. First was Colorado. Washington followed soon after. Which is going to be the third, fourth, fifth, or nth state to entirely legalize marijuana? Please give the reasoning behind your theories.

2. I say, Oregon, Rhode Island, Alaska, california, and maybe Hawaii. I believe all te states I listed will be voting on it in the next couple of years.

3. isn't texas pretty supportive of it?

4. ........ I'm pretty sure everyone would live in Texas if that were the case.

Honestly their drug policies are awful, same with Florida. Kinda sucks because both are awesome places to live but draconian drug laws make it no fun.

5. There's no telling. Imo almost any state can potentially do it because the people in general are becoming more and more accepting of it. The most likely states for it to pass are probably states with lower prison populations (and therefore smaller influence from prison worker unions) and no big alcohol/tobacco companies in them to lobby against it.

6. i would think a state that already has a medical marijuana program setup but then again, colorado was one of the first to do it, and i don't think  they even had any kind of medical marijuana program at all so...really any state has the potential to do it.

if i had to guess i would say New Mexico would be the next to fully legalize it

7. #8 lilro, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    It has been legalized in Alaska for <4oz. dried and <25 plants for recreational personal use since 1975.

And Colorado did, and still does, have an MMJ program. The best under CA, IMO. Of course I'm biased as a CA resident.

8. Nevada is seriously considering it.

We dont want to lose our tourism money to colorado so we will likely legalize recreational use within tue next few years

Medical is legal here and theu just signed a law allowing despenseries.
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Alaska has legal recreational pot use?

Packing bags now ^_^

Seriously though one of my best friends joijed the military and got statiojed in alaska. Ibwish i vlcould go

10. #11 yurigadaisukida, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    [quote name="yurigadaisukida" post="18253601" timestamp="1372055900"]Alaska has legal recreational pot use?Packing bags now ^_^Seriously though one of my best friends joijed the military and got statiojed in alaska. Ibwish i vlcould goSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Fail grass city app lolIm not goibg to retype that whole postEdit: it ended up in the quote even though it didnt didplay right.Fail again? Or i guess it worked out? LolThis nrw forum is so fucked up and seems like less people have been posting since tooSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. yes highway checkpoints for illegals & contraband is my idea of paradise

12. Go live some place like NYC where people are randomly frisked(mostly non whites) or Cali where everything is taxed and there are more regulations than people know what to do with and then tell me Texas is so bad.

Washington's MMJ program allows 24 oz and 15 plants... how does any other state beat those limits? :confused_2:

14. Well Oregon was pretty close last election.  I feel they didn't wanna be known as "the first state that legalized pot".  Maybe in November they'll legalize.  The dominoes will start to fall!

I was referring to the quality and availability of product, not the law.

16. Maine is heading in that direction, in a hurry. They are not quite there yet. My dad just got his mmj permit... He's so fucking excited, lol.

17. ill gladly say no to all of the above. i'm happy with where i'm at (appalacian region of ohio).

and besides, i would still rather pay more money in taxes and find loopholes in regulations than having my car + belongings searched every 100 miles traveled on the highway. fuck that shit.

18. Agreed. Id rather a lot if things. But baby steps.

Lets start hy ending weed prohibition.

Drug war will end latwr.

We will jever abolish government :(

lol, in the county I used to live in......if the cop didn't like you they would take you to jail for a gram.