Colorado & Washington?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by frenchfries, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hey GC, just want I know how it's going in Colorado and Washington now that it is legalized for rec uses. I jus want to know how it works, like do you just go to the same mmj shops to get your weed or from private dealers or are there like special shops just for weed for rec uses or does gas stations and regular stores sell it.

Thanks

2. I don't know but am also interested.

3. I don't think they're allowed to sell it in stores due to the fact its still against federal law. It's most likely just being able to buy from your same dealer, just getting caught with it doesn't have a lot of penalties (if any).

Would be nice...

4. Yeah they haven't done anything like that yet. Everything is still the same

5. Are they able to get it from mmj places. Seems like they would have better stuff than a private dealer.

6. in colorado no laws have been actually made official about the sale and purchase of mj. So its not legal for shops to sell it or anything yet.

The mmj system works just how it did, get a card, get weed haha, no card, no weed. But there is a "club 420" that opens one day a week, or maybe its every night now, that you can bring your own weed to and smoke with people, since smoking it is legal and its in the confinement of that building.

They have until pretty much the end of this year to finish figuring out how selling/buying will work, then the shops will pop up

7. Their so lucky. If I get caught with a gram I'm charged with possession. Such bullshit in Florida, needs to change soon.

8. lol not much actually changed, before legalization up to an oz was just a 100 dollar fine here, they take the weed and go. You dont even need to go to court, just pay the fine hahaha. Littering holds a much more heft fine here than that

colorado rocks man hahaha

9. Here in CO you can smoke and carry 21+ no driving blazed or it's a dui. But it is illegal to sell any green.

10. Then where do you get it? I just don't see why any one would rather have recreational weed over medical. MMJ seems to have a plentiful supply of almost every strain and way you could use weed. Plus anyone can get it over 18, where rec is 21. Also I don't know personally so correct me if I'm wrong.

11. medical comes with a fee every year, plus a doctor visit, plus waiting for the state to MAYBE deny you over a small error on their part lol

legal comes with "im gonna go buy some weed"

as for where to get it now, growing is legal and so is "gifting" weed, not sure how that works... but if you lend your friend 150 bucks and he gives you a free oz you technically havent broken any laws

12. Oh! I new that you had to pay a fee and do the whole doctor thing but I didn't know it was every year.

And just wondering I've always thought pretty much anybody can get mmj, you just had to say you have chronic pain or hunger issues or anxiety. Is this true or is it more complex.

13. My 420 doctor requires medical records, but if you don't have yours he still gives you a 30 day recommendation

That's Cali though and all doctors are different

14. [quote name='"frenchfries"']

Oh! I new that you had to pay a fee and do the whole doctor thing but I didn't know it was every year.

And just wondering I've always thought pretty much anybody can get mmj, you just had to say you have chronic pain or hunger issues or anxiety. Is this true or is it more complex.[/quote]

You have to have medical records showing that you have a existing condition to get a script.

15. What if you were just making it up.

16. it's still easy to make up. Just don't be an idiot. Go down to venice its only like 30$ and they don't care