Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado to Vote on legalization Statewide this fall.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BlazinDazon, Aug 8, 2006.

1. First off I searched for the specific link to the site so I beleive Im the first to post this link.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/9638818/detail.html?rss=den&psp=news

"The measure, if approved by voters, would make possession of one ounce of marijuana legal in Colorado for those 21 or older."

"Members of the group Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation dropped off 129,000 signatures at the Secretary of State's office Monday morning. The signatures of 68,000 registered Colorado voters have to be verified before the measure can be placed on the ballot. "The fact that we collected nearly twice as many signatures as are required under statute highlights the widespread support for ending the madness of marijuana prohibition in Colorado," said SAFER Campaign Director Mason Tvert."

2. If they do pass that law then Im there

3. ill move there if its passed, just htink though, other forward thinking states will move towards legalization if its passed.

4. Yep, exactly. Snowball effect. Denver city legalized it, now the whole state might, which will only get more states and so on... its exciting.

5. Why only for 21 and over? At least make it 18, that makes a lot more sense.

6. people like my parents(or mabye even me someday) would not support that young of an age smoking baa. their going for numbers.(ive noticed that republicans LOVE numbers)

7. I'm not 21 yet, but I welcome legalization of marijuana at the age of 21 with open arms!!!! Hooray steps in the right direction.

8. i forgot to mention im already moving there next fall. i hope it passes THIS FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello::hello:

9. Shit, maybe if a few states pass this Canada will get off it's ass and actually legalise rather than just decrim. That would please me.

I think I'm going to look around and see if there's one of those pro-MJ group dealies around here...

10. Yeah, I just dug up the Marijuana Party of Alberta website too. There's some amazing stuff in here as far as canadian law. I'll be posting about it in a bit.

Tried to rep you for being hepful, but I gotta spread it...

11. Hell yes. Can't wait.

12. I signed that petition outfront of a king soopers here, hope it passes!!

13. i love it...i always knew there was a reason i moved to colorado

14. Its the fact that it intoxicates you like alcohol. Just be happy that its legal thats the main thing i think.

15. I agree, even though Im not 21 yet, I'd still move there and vote for the pro legalization candidates.

16. I signed a pettition for it the other day. Ive also have been handing out flyers at concerts and crap. Even though Im only 19 so I wont beable to legally smoke yet I can still make a difference.

17. I hope by the time I'm 21, NY will have legalized marijuana.

18. hmm, im pretty sure the ballot was for decriminalization... either way its good.. but i get the odd feeling even though they may pass it, cops are still going to be dicks to us.. maybe im just a cynic, but growing up in this world, I was raised to be a cynic.

19. I'm cool with the fact that they want to make it for 21 and up. Although im not 21 now its a step in the right direction. It is a substance that intoxicates you and so they will put regulations on it. But just think of the snowball effect...