Colorado seems like it sucks

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dickens cider, Jan 21, 2010.

1. But alas, perception<reality. Truth is I don't think I understand the laws well. Hopefully some of you can help me.

To be blunt, the law as I read is very shitty relative to the amount of press Colorado gets as a grow-friendly state. Insofar as I can tell, it's 6 plants per person, with 3 mature. As a would-be transplant who knows nobody in Colorado, that makes me relegated to three strains(keeping 3 moms and/or vegging plants to save genetics). That's kind of shitty all things considered. Michigan allows 12. California is wide open as of today's ruling.

What am I missing? Why is Colorado getting so much press, or am I being selfish in suggesting 6 plants isn't enough for me?

2. #2 Green Wizard, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    Selfish if you don't share. Greedy if you want more.

3. no offence dude.but i live in florida.you know how many plants we get to grow-_-?

4. Because they have a dispensary system with little regulation. It is also decriminalized in many places and marijuana is generally accepted among the populace.

Well, from what I hear at least.

5. They also have one of the few towns in the country to "legalize" (more like fully decriminalize) marijuana.

6. Colorado sucks? Dude, you're fucking high :D Colorado is far better than the vast majority of the rest of the country. Try New Jersey, where 10 plants can get you 150 thousand dollar fine and 5 to 10 years in jail.

7. dude wtf planet are you from?
    lol well I live in a non friendly mmj state or anything mj for that matter with offensive, destructive, punishments. You know like the kinds that ruins peoples lives. Good luck gettin a decent job with a felony on your record.
    Point is, you can grow 6 plants "legally" (you know what, fuck that word) and thats 6 more than BILLIONS of people living and breathing the same air as you with a majority probably needing it much more. Unbelievable how someone could complain about any type of progression in this, and of course its suscebtible to change, good or bad (though doubt it will be bad) from here on out so nutin to worry bout bud. You should stop complaining, and start reevaluating your growing methods to maximize your yield. 6 plants can very well equal out to a 12 plant yield. It all about a good veg time, lst/and supercrop, dial the nutes in, and shit watcha complainin for damn. Thats all I gotta say.

8. This is a valid POV.. however, those of us in lenient states didnt get that way by resting on our laurels. Fight fight fight.

We will NEVER stop until MJ is a properly regulated completely legal substance. 6 plants is not enough for MANY mj patients, especially those who must cook with it. No Med MJ state should be happy just to stay some MJ state (some of them are quite idiotic in their Med MJ regulations). They must continue to move forward; never content.

This is our fight.

That is not to say that we do not appreciate the fact many of our MJ bro's and sis's live in draconian states and are essentially oppressed with the harshest punishments imaginable.

We will lead the way FOR you.

9. Yes mine was very valid indeed thank you.
    Let me ask you a few simple question, what did you single handingly do, to get this bill passed? Its not so easy my friend considering some states getting harsher penalties rather than more leunient. Being one person and having a powerful voice can take you very far, yes, but with many opposed legislaters/or just totally oblivious citizens to who is actually running the state.

Im not argueing the point that yes people should get off their ass if they want change, Your so very right, so is your OP not hypocrital in the end? I dont think you did anything personally as a single man did you? Where's our Mason Twert or our Rob Corry? Huh answer that.

10. Pretty close.. :wave:

Two ounces, six plants.. Eh, there's plenty to go around anyway. Rest assured, there will be plenty of legislation in the coming years to try and regulate and more effectively tax dispensaries.

Active State Medical Marijuana Programs - NORML

11. I love colorado. 6 plants and 2 Oz is a good start, most desp are a bit over priced. However, pot is a very common sight. It's not rare to walk down the street and find people smoking joints and smelling an over all MJ aroma in the air.

12. So...I read Breckenridge or some town in CO decrim'd MJ...I can drive across the country n go to that town n buy some buds???

13. its actually boulder and its not really decriminalized its just that the city and cops are extremely leniant and just dont care. last 4/20 there was something like over 1000 people outside the college tokin up, not one person was arrested. it was the same in denver outside the capital building, not one person arrested. so yeah, its pretty sweet living here:smoking:

14. Breck does have it decriminalized they passed that not tolong ago

15. ya its decriminalized in brek and denver county.... but alota towns arent strict with it.... im a patient here in the wonderful state of colorado. ya... our law is written very shitty... but i read an article the other day in a mag from the dispensary. it was about a guy by the name of dana may who was raided by the dea in aurora in 2004. he was arested and what not and took it to trial since he was licenced on the state level and found a lawyer will to rep him. he ended up being the first person to ever have growin equip returned by the government in us history. they made him an expert witness in marijuana cultivation and medical marijuana. well not to long ago a guy by the name of jason lauve i think was arested with 36 oz when only allowed 2. well he took it to trial too. and who was his expert witness but dana may. he ended up gettin jasons charges dropped and jason rolled out of the court house in his wheelchair with his 36 oz. and it said in there that in colorado it is up to the patient to decide what is neccecary. i dont know how true that is but i wud love to know for sure. but the CO law does suck not very clear or logical at all

16. if colorado seems like it sucks so bad, then why move here?

it really is notbad at all. we have had many instances in this state where law enforcement has given back not only growing equipment but actual plants and buds. on st pattys day a man received 2LBS back from law enforcement.

another court ruling here pretty much deemed it okay to have as much weed as medically needed, because again someone got caught with over 2 oz took it to court and won.

there is literally a dispensary on every corner. as far as i know only 2 MMJ states are like this. CO and CA.

colorado most certainly does not suck : )

17. agreed the laws are pretty archaic... but still.

i fuckin love CO :bongin:

you just have to live here to know why everyone loves it.

AGREEEEED, sir :smoking:

18. You think Colorado is bad? Try living in Kansas! I think you can get a life sentence without parole for mentioning "The Union" in public here.

19. Idk man 6 plants at a time sound like Alot. get roughly a LB or more for your own medical use and for free.. Sounds good to me. That pound should last until the next 6 plants grow.