Colorado Reality

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RedganjaDown, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Yes and no. Living in FL we get snowbirds and transplants all day and everyday. Our visitors cause havoc in some ways with crowding and rent, but they help support our economy so my kids can go to any school they want public or private. I love it when they fuck off in may but th

2. I get it about overcrowding. Happens in FL too. Our tourists are annoying and they crowd the place and make the rent and food go up BUT they help support our economy.
    Personally its not just about the weed. Ive always loved that state and feel my family could be an asset. We all came from somewhere else and i have nothing but respect for that beautiful paradise in the Rockies. Always have...evn before i evr smoked.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've lived in Colorado my entire life and the only annoying thing about weed tourists to me is they make lines in dispensaries longer lol

At least locally where I am its been expanding just as fast as it is since long before weed was legal so... I'm just used to it

• Like Like x 1
  4. That has to be annoying lol. Can u smoke a j while waiting?

5. No, you will get kicked out for that kinda stuff lol

Public consumption isn't legal and waiting rooms are public

6. I've only been to Colorado once (prior to recreational), maybe I just had a bad experience. I hated it. Too crowded, people act and drive like assholes.

You said it. I pay about $350 here in the mid-west.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The people here driving like assholes didn't learn how to drive here, maybe southern Colorado, but us northern CO people leaned how to drive in utter shite winters, on varying terrains, in little sedans (some of us like me at least haha)

As for crowded, any semi large city feels crowded to me lol but I know most cities in Colorado don't compare to real large cities, like LA, or lots of the East coast cities.

8. I wonder how the laws have changed transplants in other legal states like Washington and Oregon? I can say from experience when I worked in Colorado in 2010 before legalization people where not welcoming "transplants"
    I literally heard people I worked with bitch Colorado was getting to crowded. This was in 2010 mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. People have been bitching about winter sport transplants here since before I was born, people found out Colorado is awesome and started moving here long before weed was legal hahaha

People don't like change is the real issue, I'm not extremely down with the fact my town is nothing like it was when I was a kid but it started changing before I was born, college kids come to cu and don't want to leave might be why haha

10. Lol, good to know it's always been that way

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Same here. I live in South Dakota, learned to drive on ice. I guess I should clarify that it was Denver and the surrounding areas, not Colorado as a whole.

12. The interstate always travels two directions. You are just to free to leave and go live in some poor honey boo boo state as we are to move to Colorado.

• Like Like x 1
  13. image.jpeg image.png Found this daily deal on Weed Maps I hustled

• Like Like x 1
  14. where is that you are finding $100 / oz rec? I havent been able to find anything that cheap around pueblo.

edit: nvr mind Once I actually read the receipt I saw that they had applied a discount to make it $100.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Strawberry Fields Daily Deals on weedmaps. Check daily deals tab.

16. Yea I noticed that after I posted. Thanks for the heads up, I stopped by and picked up an oz on the way to Best Buy this afternoon.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. For about a year after legalization 10,000 + people were moving to Colorado a month. That's over 120,000 new homes, and apartments that had to magically appear out of nowhere. Nobody could have planned for that and it has caused problems.

18. image.jpeg Many problems. If you're young, dumb and full of cum, probably going to suck If you get out here and go drinking every night and eat out everyday. Things can't work out. Unless you're trust fund material. Picked up a 1/4 oz for $31.25. Never had it before.

19. #79 jay719, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Plenty of people are doing just fine in Colorado. The state has had a huge increase in population since the 60's. The estimated population increased almost as much the year before legalization as it did the year after. Turns out amazing views, over all great weather, reasonable sale tax, and increased salaries compared to many other areas also make people want to relocate to our state.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I find it hard to believe rent has tripled. 1200/month apartment changed to 3600/month? Hard to believe. Also what do the last 10 years have to do with it since weed was legalized 3-4 years ago? My wife and I plan on moving to CO soon, and we see tons of cheap houses for sale (200k and under). Besides who are you to get mad about people moving there for weed? Just bc we weren't lucky enough to already live in CO doesn't mean we don't have the right to move there. If you're too poor to continue living in the state, maybe you should move somewhere less expensive