Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sleepingemu, Sep 3, 2010.

1. So I'm 18 years old and I've been looking into getting my medical marijuana license because of back pain caused by Scheuermann's Kyphosis and mild scoliosis. I know that a new medical marijuana law has been trying to get passed in Colorado but I can't seem to find any reliable information and whether it has become law or not and if it has, what the new changes are. Has the age to get a license really been raised to 21? What is the new process to get a license? If you guys have any information it would be much appreciated.

2. I'm pretty sure that the law raising the age restriction to 21 is already in affect or will in the next couple of months.

As far as the process for becoming a patient, you must see a doctor and get a recommendation. After that you will need to send in the forms to get your mmj card and to designate a caregiver if you need one. The recommendation from the doctor is valid, and alot of dispensaries will accept it until your card comes.

Like I said, I think the law has already been changed, so you are probably SOL until you turn 21.

3. #4 sleepingemu, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    Ya I looked through that slocket but I believe HB 1284 changed all the requirements to become a patient. I can't find information on if it passed though.

EDIT: That's depressing news but thanks Berry. Anyone know for sure?

4. Sorry to say my brother.... It has passed and is now in affect! Goin the legit route is always the best way but we know there are ALWAYS alternatives! ;)

5. go fatrher west little birdie

6. #7 DV, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    Our new rules went into effect July 1st, 2010.
    No person under 21 is eligible for a license.
    Unless you had your license before.
    sorry man.

All it's really done is age restriction and trying to get more
    money out of your pocket. Thank god I got my shit in before
    then. Now I believe you have to have 2 doc recommendations
    and at least 3 appts with your docs to be qualified...

it's all kinds of fucked up.

7. Well thats not what I wanted to hear :(. Thanks for the help everyone.

8. look up relaxed clarity, and call them for a consult!!! they will tell you everything

9. Under 21, you have to get two signatures from two different doctors when doing your application. Over 21, there isn't a change.

10. So you are saying it is possible to get a license if you're under 21?

11. there are cases of 12 year olds getting approved with serious needs, so yes its possible, if your over 18 its much easier than not, but if your 21 its the easiest

12. So I did some more research and here is what i found:
    and also:
    This was taken from SB10-109 found here: http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CL...DFB3136872576A8002B8BBD?Open&file=109_ren.pdf
    Hopefully that will clear up some confusion about the new MMJ laws in colorado.

13. All the above is old INCORRECT news.

The new laws that werre signed on June 7 2010 and immediately went into effect are linked here.

Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/1284_enr.pdf

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/109_enr.pdf

Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry

The first link is the Home page of the registry through the State. All ijnfo can be gotten there.
    Second link is one of the new laws, sometimes called "the dispensary law" HB1284.
    Third is Another new law, sometimes called "the doctors law" SB109.
    And the fourth is the Amendment to the Constitution, the original Constitution amendment 20. Both 1284 and 109 appear to be in violation of the amendment but so far no lawsuits. Rumor is they are coming though.

I know for a fact that an 18 year old can get a rec. because my daughter did it yesterday at 18 years and 2 days.

I hate to be rude but PLEASE if your not sure of what's being ask, then don't answer with misinformation.

HTH
    pp69

ps: I'll check back later if there's any questions.

14. Just to clarify, they were trying to raise the age to 21 and then anyone under 21 would have to have 2 Dr sign. That failed (taken out of 109).
    Where 21 comes in now is you must be 21 or older to own or operate or work in a disp (now called an MMC-medical marijuana center)

Hope that clears it up some.

pp69

15. Excellent. Hopefully this will help anyone with the same question.