Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

COLORADO medical growing experience

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bigtimothy22, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Right now I'm in VA but ...

Within the next year I'm looking to relocate to colorado, and hopefully get established at a decent house. After that I'm hoping I will qualify for medical cannabis ...

After that ... I have a ton of questions. I guess my ambition would be to be able to grow for the medical community in Colorado, specifically the Denver area. I've been reading and a few questions, if anyone here is familiar with Colorado MMJ laws ...

1) Do you think that Colorado will be sympathetic to me having Osgood-Schlatters, a chronic condition causing pain in the knee joint ... ? If I get this documented (I've already seen a doctor in VA about this in the past) ... do you think this will qualify me for a MMJ card as a chronic pain patient? I do not think the pain is bad enough to take an opiate (or other prescription) painkiller but especially at night when the doctor recommends icing my knees, I find MJ to be a lot more soothing and still allow me to get around. Up until recently I thought that I would only qualify if I had AIDS, glaucoma, cancer, etc. ... but I'm a lot more hopeful now.

2) IF I qualify ... I've heard about a lot of people getting their limits upped by doctors, for example, if they prefer eating their medicine rather than smoking it. How possible is this, for me (as hard of a question as that might be to answer without knowing a lot of facts) ... but do you think I could be successful in getting an allowance to grow significantly more than 6 plants?

3) Finally, but not least ... if I can get that clearance, or if I can join a club and possibly be a caregiver for some other patients, is it possible for me to set up a small-scale grow and LEGALLY provide to medical patients and/or a cannabis club in the area?

Or is this all a pipe-dream ...

I'm really anxious to get out there and start contributing to the medical cause, so long as I will be legally allowed to ... any info on this subject is greatly appreciated, as the vast majority of information I can find pertains to Cali MMJ and that is an entirely different beast from what I understand. I've read all of the official Colorado law sites, and searched this site and others a fair amount before posting, but I'm more interested in anyone with practical experience in going through this and how it actually works.

Thanks in advance! \t\t

2. The answer to all of your 3 questions is yes. :)

3. Thanks for the reply budmaster.

I'm really serious about this but until recently was so unfamiliar with the MMJ laws ... it's all kind of falling under the category of "too good to be true" though ...

I'll try to stay in touch as you seem to have good experience, and that's the main thing ... I don't want to go out there like an idiot and get slickered by some referral service, etc., and I'd like to know the quickest ways to get set up to grow a reasonable number of plants legally so that I can provide for other patients if need be ... provided this is all legal, of course ... but it's sounding like it is.

I always thought the MMJ laws in CO were pretty strict about who qualifies, etc., and a very limited number of patients, but it seems like it's opening up a little ...

4. The medical marijuana laws have been the same since they were past by the voters. Our law is actually an amendment to the state constitution and therefore lawmakers can't just change any part of the law. It requires a vote by the people of the state.
    Here is a link to the state site. look around, the law is there as well as the forms that you will need.
    Medical Marijuana in Colorado

HTH
    pp69