Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado Medical Card Question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GreenTramp, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Hi all, I'm going to be moving to Colorado in a couple weeks, and while I know I can obtain cannabis for recreational purposes, I'm still interested in obtaining my medical card.
    Here's my situation-
    I was a white water guide a couple seasons ago and had a bad accident on the river in which I was drug under the raft for about a quarter mile through very rocky Class IV rapids, tearing up my right knee. Now here a couple years later it still pains me to walk and to lay on my right side with my leg extended. The only way to really relieve the pain, and this only works for about 30mins at a time, is to keep it bent close to me at a fairly extreme angle, which generally become uncomfortable and/or painful after the before mentioned period of time. I will then have to extend it again and basically go back and forth like this every day.
    I don't currently and haven't had medical insurance or enough money since the injury to go see a doctor, so it's never been diagnosed or officially documented, and even then I have bad negative reactions to steroids and most pharmaceuticals on the market and I could never afford, nor would I want surgery, so I just haven't bothered trying going to a doctor (since where I'm at now is a non-MMJ state). I've found that the CBD rich marijuana strains help me tremendously and with regular access I can walk with a minimal limp, keep my leg extended, and actually sleep through the night.

I can't afford to live in Denver where I've seen the recreational prices to be the best and am looking more towards Colorado Springs anyway, which from what I have read allows medical use, but not recreational.

I will be moving from out of state, but I plan on going through the proper steps to gain my Colorado residency and obtain gainful employment, hopefully with a company that offers a group insurance plan. I know that I'll have to find a physician and have my knee looked at and my condition confirmed, but could anyone tell me just how difficult they are going to make it for me to obtain my card and what kind of hoops I'm going to have to 'jump' through and how long it generally takes?

I've been without cannabis for about 2 weeks now and I've slept a total of about 15 hours in that period due to the pain. Would it hurt my case to pick up some stuff from a recreational dispensary in order to ease my situation while I go back and forth with doctors or should I just deal with it until I'm able to hopefully get a medical card?
    Any thoughts, advice, and/or input that anyone with knowledge on this subject could offer would be greatly appreciated and if there's any more information that I could provide to help you understand my situation better, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance,
    G.T.

2. I am a MMJ red card holder in Co. My advise would be to do some hunting around a lot of shops will pay for your doctor visit if you sign them up as a caregiver. (Herbal Elements in Eagle-Vail does this). I hope this helps.Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Or buy from people of Craigslist best bud best prices Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. First off the springs is still a great choice vs high living costs, and worse traffic. Buying from rec wouldn't hurt your chances for obtaining your red card. Although your privacy is better through the medical system. My best advise is to grab a couple grams of a heavier indica until you're able to get all your paper work for your evaluation. After you're checked out you're able to purchase M-F but not after 7? On the same day with your temp papers. It's been awhile. If you don't want to have to drive to pueblo or Denver for cannabis check out craigslistSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks Griever, I appreciate it!