Color Changing Glass

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by PeacefulStoner, Jun 30, 2011.

1. I just got a new bowl yesterday and i didn't even realize that all fumed glass was color changing, i bought it because it already looked sweet and then today it got some resin and started changing colors and i was so excited lol.

But my question is, if i clean it and the resin comes off, will it go back to its original color? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

:smoke:

2. I have spoon that started off as piss yellow, and after a bit it turned into an pretty sick blue and purple mix. When I first cleaned the pipe it completely restored it back to its piss yellow color, I haven't cleaned it since because of that

3. Yes, It will completely remove all color, The color shows up when theres black behind the glass, so without the resin, No color.

4. I heard that it will be a different color every time you clean it and it gets resined up again. Is that true?

5. Noperdooodles, I wish it were man, I really do :(

But, Unfortunately, it shows the exact same thing time after time after time.

But I have heard that there are bowls that will get filled with color, And then lines start

forming. So that should be a cool little twist to it, Unless it gets clogged. Thats never

fun... :wave:

6. I thought the special chemicals in the glass change colour when heat is applied to the glass. And it stayed that way... I'm confused.

7. Nahhh, Ive heard that alot too when I was a pre-teen, also heard about bowls that will change color as you hit them because of heat. But then I turned 18 and started getting interested in glass and found out it was all lies. :( There may be some bowls like that, just not that ive seen. All the ones Ive seen get activated by resin. :cool:

8. i never clean my spoons...however my tubes stay clean.

puffer

9. Ehh, fair enough man. I haven't encountered much colour changing glass in my day but I'm pretty sure there are two types (each we said) :p
    I just got a bong and the top half (bottom is frosted) of the water chamber is colour changing and so is the bowl that came with it. I want to pick up a colour changing chillium one day.
    Stay high my friend :)