Colloidal Silver questions for making a few Feminized Seeds

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Buzzer777, Jan 1, 2018.

1. HiYa All pollen Chuckers!
    Been thinking of trying to make a few Feminized seeds for myself using Colloidal Silver, but wanted to ask
    1st:
    If you use the CS made for Human Internal consumption (40ppm) why is the plant or branch no longer safe to smoke/consume? (Does heating the CS make the weed toxic)

2nd
    If it is not safe to smoke/consume, do you have to waste the entire plant or just the branch that was treated with the CS?

Thanks All.

2. 1: You don't want to be smoking any heavy metals, as they are a poison to humans. I doubt there would be any harm, but why risk it.

2: The silver shouldn't get transported by any of the plants internal systems, as such only the bud you spray should be avoided.

Tried doing this a few years back. Had good results with home made colloidal silver

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Thank You for your reply..
    I agree about the heavy metals, but how can they market it for humans to consume..
    So that would mean you only have to ditch the treated branches..whew, at least not the entire plant..

This stuff?
    99.99% Pure Silver Nano Ionic Colloidal Silver Supplement 40 to 200 PPM | eBay

4. It's in small enough amounts that it won't hurt. Silver isn't very mobile inside the human body, and doesn't adsorb very well. Even less when in a colloidal suspension.. I wouldn't smoke it because the vapour absorption through the lungs is higher than through ingestion

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. This stuff should work.
    I made my own with a silver ring, a battery, and some distilled water...

• Like Like x 1
  6. When I tried that , it gave me only male flowers on the branch that was sprayed, so there was nothing there worth smoking anyway, so no big loss.

7. Hey Buzz...What directions are you planning to go by in that process...
    I mean like How often to spray, When to begin treatment, How much to spray, etc,etc...?

8. #9 Budmiser, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  9. Here's something else I thought about..I will be flowering at least 1 Regular female plant from seed. Since She has 50/50 female/male chromosomes, and If I apply CS..will the resulting pollen be 75% female..????
    pollenate.gif

10. The first time I used it , it worked great on a seeded plant of Gold Leaf ...
    2nd time was on a Blueberry clone, and was a total failure...
    I never figured out why it worked so well on a seeded plant, but not at all on a Blueberry clone.

11. 40ppm is far too low. You want 150+ ppm for the most effective spray also I would not use ANY plant sprayed with silver.

Also you can easily make colloidal silver for your self, all you need is wire, a mason jar, alligator clamps a battery and some silver solder.

"It's getting hard to be someone
    But it all works out
    It doesn't matter much to me"

12. It probably has a low ppm and the first plant was less tolerant to stress.

But it all works out

13. I think if it's a female plant, then it's a female plant...But how would ya know , since you have to start spraying BEFORE it begins to show sex ? Kind of a crap shoot there,aint it ?

14. I've heard that mentioned a lot, but how do you know what PPM you're getting ? Nobody ever explained that to me.

15. #17 Buzzer777, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Maybe on a clone ?? and I thought we were ok without adding CS until putting the plant into flower..I have one now showing pretty good and she will be vegging for another 3-4 weeks..

And I needed to add..Taking the pollen from a regular (not feminized) female plant from seed and then using it to pollinate a female plant grown from a feminized seed..whew..gets messy..LOL

16. You spray when it starts flowering after it shows sex lol.
    You can check PPM with a TDS meter, most commercial colloidal silver will tell you the PPM. If it doesn't then it's low and a scam.

But it all works out

17. Now ya got me TOTALLY confused....What exactly is showing pretty good,on one that is still vegging ?

18. This is the instructions for the commercial product that I used...

Tiresias Mist Directions for Use
    You may also want to experiement by using the pollen from one plant to pollinate a different plant creating perfect genetic crosses while maintaing the 100% female seeds. Male seeds are impossible because the pollen still carries over the female genetics. This is different from using a hermaphrodite method as there is no risk in carrying over the hermaphrodite trait to the seeds while using Tiresia’s Mist.
    Isolate plants that are being treated from other female plants you do not wish to produce seeds. Pollen is minute and very efficient in finding females. Choose a plant that has not started flowering and is at least two weeks in the vegetative cycle. A good rule of thumb is to start treating the plant when it is five inches in height, depending on the strain, and five days prior to going into the flowering cycle. Mark one branch that you wish to treat. Using a ribbon works well. Protect the rest of the plant from any over spray. Remember to spray lightly so the entire branch is misted. Concentrate your spraying on the stem versus the foliage though, the treatment of the full stem is the most important part of this process. Mist the chosen branch once a day for 21 days. The male characteristics, pollen sacs, will lag behind the female flowers so be patient! Continue growing plant until female flowers are showing and our ready to collect pollen. Hold on to the pollen for future use or dust your female flowers with the pollen produced in step 4. Continue growing until your seeds are mature and then harvest and store them for future use. CONGRATULATIONS!! You have saved your strain by creating a bank of 100% feminized seeds! From here, you can allow your plant to naturally pollinate itself providing a full plant of 100% feminized seeds, or you can harvest the pollen sacs and use them to cross with other plants. If you decide to harvest your pollen for later use, be sure to store it in a cool dry place until you are ready to use it.

[A good rule of thumb is to start treating the plant when it is five inches in height, depending on the strain, and five days prior to going into the flowering cycle.]