College students: What summer classes are you taking? And what's your major?

Discussion in 'General' started by InnerPeace, Jun 2, 2010.

1. So I have 1 unit in college, and am not sure what classes to take first. I am looking for some interesting classes at first so I don't get too bored or scared away:p

In other words, I'm not trying to take any math or science classes :p

I'm probably going to just geta liberal arts degree and figure shit out from there.

So what about you blades? What's your schedule looking like for the summer and what's your major?

2. Psychology - Human Sexuality.

I took this class last semester and it was by far the best class I have ever took. I know thats not your major, but its a dam cool class.

Seriously.

3. Fuck man, I'm so confused about this shit. I need to talk to a counselor, probably today. Hopefully I can just wait and not have to make an appointment.

If I take that class, and I'm majoring in liberal arts or something other than psychology, did I just waist my time or no because every major requires u take some psychology classes right?

Someone please help me out I know I'm making this harder than it needs to be, I fucking always do that...:confused:

edit: also, is human sexuality the class where hot naked chicks pose in front of class and you draw them? hahaha cuz if so I'm sooo taking that class :D

4. Psychology is pretty awesome, definitely going to need some Psyche courses if your planning on writing anything in the liberal arts field in my opinion.
    I'm a philosophy/political science/English major, yeah I tripled it, figure it gives me more to talk about as I'm pouring your drinks. I took a few psyche courses to better my understanding of how the world works, and let me tell you, it's fuckin amazing, I mean the "objectivity" of the sciences is definitely something that is useful in all social science disciplines.
    I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to college, feel free to hit me up on the boards for any info/advice. cheers.

5. haha, ya most degrees do require a psychology class. i wasnt planning on majoring in psychology, but after i took that class i am now lol.

nah, thats art dude lol. but there were some pretty cute chicks in that class, and there are open discussions about out sexual history, and sex stories. hell, even the teacher shared some of her experiences, and she was like 50.

but dont stress too hard man, that just makes it hard, do what you think you should do.

6. youll probably get better advice from this guy haha.

7. With me it's not "do what I think I should do", it's more how the fuck does college work?

Basically I'm 22 years old, dropped out of highschool my senior year to be a plant producer and distributor:smoking: Finally went back to school 6 months ago and got my highschool diploma(NOT ged, fuck a ged) and am starting off at square 1. I have never researched college until now and never gave a fuck before.

In other words, I am fucking clueless. So pretty much anything you tell me about how college works I won't know and will much appreciate the info.:D

8. lol, dont trip dude. i dropped out of college twice cause i didnt understand shit.

but def set up and appt with a counselor. they help alot.

youll have to take an assesment as well, to see how smart/dumb you are lol.

i scored pretty good on the english and writing but completely bombed math. never was my best subject.

but are you planning an a JC or a Uni?

9. Im already enrolled(enrolled yesterday) at a JC near me. And I already took the assessment.

I got placed in English 101 and Intermediate Algebra. Not the smartest person in the world, but not bad for someone whos past 5 years went up in smoke ;)

10. lol, well looks like your heading in the right direction. JCs are great because they pretty much help you out with your career without spending alot of money.

looks like you just need to set up a meeting with a counselor.

oh and look up the BOG fee waiver. it pays for most of your classes if you dont make alot of money, or if you dont take enough classes to qualify for fanatical aid.

11. Im not taking any summer classes. My major is currently undeclared, however I want to work with the mind and brain. Something to do with psychology or neuroscience, and I've also thought about being a psychiatrist

12. calculus 3, and my majors are chemical and environmental engineering.

13. Im taking a computer graphics class this summer to get 3 credits. Im a nutrition major though. and smoke weed heavily:smoking:

14. im just goin in to General Studies in August..i dont even kno what my schedule is...at all..hahaaa:smoking:

15. calculus 2 starting friday

computer science major

16. Ivy Tech - Computer Information Technology - Computer Networking

CINS 113 - Logic, Programming & Design
    CINS 101 - Intro to Microcomputers (Microsoft Office 2007, easy A)
    ENGL 111 - English Composition

The semester begins in five days! I can't wait.

17. my buddy is taking 2 art histories

gonna suck for him

18. #19 Casual Toker, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    Not sure yet...:( I wanted to take some applied music classes, but to my surprise they filled up before I could apply for them...:cry:

I'm majoring in music composition/performance.

19. I have 13 credits so far that count toward a degree or transfer... but with any luck I'll get thru Psych 1 and Intro to Art to get about 8 more credits under my belt.

Summer quarter at the community college I go to lasts either 6 or 8 weeks.. so its super short and super intense, but then I get 2 nice months off from school when its over :D