COLLEGE STUDENT ARRESTED THROWN IN JAIL AFTER BUYING…BOTTLED WATER

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jun 30, 2013.

1. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/29/college-student-arrested-thrown-in-jail-after-buying-bottled-water/
    There are not words for the stupidity shown by these numbskulls.

2. #2 SmokinP, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    The craziest part is that she managed to get away from the bumbling idiots. God help them if they tried to arrest a couple of gang bangers with a few bottles of beer.  :eek:

How many different types of cops do you guys in the US have to contend with ? Alcohol beverage control agents ? :huh:

3. All these stories that James keep posting seem to occur all across the states.

It paints a pretty disturbing picture of where the country is heading.

4. #4 Scribbles510, Jun 30, 2013
    “what appeared to be an underage person in possession of what appeared to be a case of beer.”
    Is that a punishable offense? Looking young while holding a case of beer?

Funny how they're trying to get her for assault over what was nothing in the first place. Reminds me of when cops approach somebody because they look suspicious and then end up getting them for resisting arrest. Resisting arrest for WHAT?

5. There are hundreds of alphabet agencies across local, state and federal government. There are so many different types of cops in the US, the other day I saw train cops, for fucksakes and they weren't local their called BNSF. I mean its ridiculous. 

This is just federal law enforcement agencies. 

6. ^ What the fuck. Talk about a waste of money.

Also, it seems your caps lock button is still broken.

:rolleyes: :p

7. Lol!

I should make a new thread just with that list and declare it as proof we live in a police state.

8. Must be confusing for any young man or woman stupid enough to want to become a cop in the US. So many different options. 

Being in possession of a case of beer underage would be a punishable offense, and I can see them trying to ask if they can see in her bag or what not, but fucking jumping on the hood of her SUV and drawing a gun? Over a case of beer?

If you're concerned that the people confronting you aren't actual police officers, even the police recommend getting to a safe place and calling to make sure they're actually who they say they are. Anyone can make/buy a fake badge and say they're a police officer. I would have been scared too if I was that chick. 

Supremely ridiculous overreaction by these "agents". 

10. I am on my last semester of college and the only organization that has headhunted me, for my expensive degree, is various police departments that I have never even heard of, that I don't even live within a hundred miles of. Its very depressing I would never accept, even though I have expensive loans to pay back and I have relative who is pretty high in the Border Patrol, I won't accept. 

11. They were lucky. What if she shot one of them? I mean they didn't look like cops.

And wtf is this shit. It sound like there was like 10 cops. Over a case a beer. Put together their salaries. Now is that worth it. Regardless of weather or not she had beer, it is a complete waste of money.

And what if she was actually 21? I've seen 21 year olds who look like they are 16. You can't be drawing guns on everyone based on how they look. They should have calmly approached her and asked her if they can look in her bag.

These cops deserve to be fired. But they will likely get a paid vacat....err... I mean suspension.

I'd bet they're at the very least going to be put on desk duty for a good while. The higher ups aren't going to like it that the actions of these dumbasses have led to a shit ton of media coverage and maybe even a potential lawsuit. 

13. #13 Lenny., Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    well damn. if they thought that she  bought beer, then obviously her identification was checked and she was of age. it's truly frightening that people entrusted for public safety can't apply simple logic to situations. 

She could have had a fake ID, or had a friend buy it for her, or the store employee just didn't card her. 

Definitely not disagreeing with the ridiculousness of the situation, just saying. :smoking: 

15. #15 lemonindica, Jun 30, 2013
    I miss your lion king avatar :p

You are not the first to express this sentiment.

Still not changing it back. At least not yet :p

17. Holy shit that is scary as hell!! I'm stayin home and locking my doors.

18. Yes thay is a crime in america

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. then the terrori- err law, has won

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #20 jas43, Jun 30, 2013
    @CKTony i like the Sterling avatar!Been thinking of changing mine to Woodhouse or Kreiger lolAnd lol @ the Alcohol enforcement agents.Cool patches and guns! Pew! Pew! Pew!