Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

college majors for cannabis cultivation and breeding

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by psychedelicfly420, Feb 17, 2017.

?

college major for cannabis propagation, and breeding

1. horticulture

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. botany

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. pedology

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. agronomy

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. plant science

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hello everyone,
    i am new to the forums and cant find too many threads with good advice for a mildly experienced grower(still and always learning) attempting to go to college for a degree in some form of plant science. Weather it be horticulture, botany, agriculture, and so on i havent decided yet. and being that the community college i'm at doesn't offer my course it allows me to transfer from Maryland to a state with better growing laws ad established medical communities. I am just very undecided on the route i should take academically, and any advice would help.

2. Probably Botany until you realize, this shit is Booooooring.

If I'm correct horticulture is more towards farming large quantities of something on huge acres of land.

I admire the youths drive to succeed, and I too enjoy marijuana, but don't make your life all about marijuana man. I see people here and there want to get involved in the marijuana industry, but it's a little silly IMO to solely want to be a grower, manufacturer, or dispenser.

Because what'll happen if the federal government decides to raid every state and shut it all down? You're fucked, and your future is fucked. Montana used to be a once thriving medicinal state, feds literally came in, raided the farms, dispensaries, and shut the wholllleee fucking thing down in ONE DAY. NO JOKE! The growers and dispensers went to federal prison, and the Medicinal industry never really came back.

Do something else, grow personal plants, stay out of that industry man.

3. I've thought about that and thats why i want to actually get at least a bachelors degree or higher in a related field. My passion in life isn't just centered around cannabis, i love the holistic growing of plant life. I'm not your average 23 year old just daydreaming here. I cant say that i don't believe that cannabis is the best medicinal plant known to man. I am interested in all plant life. But i would like to focus my interest in cannabis and the amazing genetic variety that is able to treat so many illnesses. whether it all goes to shit or not ill have a degree and not a certification like most "cannabis universities" offer and could go into another field of organic propagation. This is my life you know? I've thought of what your bringing up and i appreciate what you have to say

4. Well...it's not rocket science!

Study Economics. Micro first then macro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your right it isnt rocket science, but i will be paying for the education. So i want to make sure i get the best out of what i decide to do.

6. i guess what i am really asking if there is anyone that is currently in the growing industry that knows what academic path i should go down

7. because i plan to transfer to Oregon state university