College, I can't even.....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420pigeon, Mar 17, 2012.

1. My online classes all consist of discussion forums, and tests/quizzes that you could pass by opening a Google tab to type questions into.

College is not hard. Joining the military and sticking with it for 4 years, that's hard.

2. Its really as simple as this: Will sitting at home watching the Boondocks (good show) get you paid?

No

Plenty of people dont like college, and lots of people think its not for them. Personally, I believe the only people who arent cut out for college are those who arent smart enough to pass the class. If youre passing, continue, get a degree in something you like, and increase your cash flow.

Id also like t o note that 90% of freshmen/sophmores feel like you, as did I at that point. I can still remember my freshmen year as a chemistry major and I was 2 seconds away from quitting, literally, but I kept going and got my degree. College is stressful, aggravating, and sometimes seemingly pointless. You have to take classes youre not interested in and listen to professors who think they know it all.

But perseverance is one hell of a trait to have my friend. To be able to not only succeed, but to do very well in such an environment says a lot about you. Will I ever use what I learned in Calculus III again? Probably not, but the B+ on my transcript says I persevered through something I really didnt want to do or like at all. Weve all got to do things we dont want to sometimes.

It really comes down to whether or not you really want to drop out. I hope youre OK with living with this failure, and I dont mean to sound like such a dick, but either way if you quit, its not good.

If youve got a plan after you drop out, thats really what matters most, but think long and hard about this. Maybe youre just in the wrong major. Either way, good luck.

3. Have to disagree. College isnt about the grades you get, its about learning the info. Yep, it is easy to google things, its not always easy to learn new things...very different things. I also think youre wasting youre time if thats what youre college experience is like lol.

4. [quote name='"icekold23"']So I've almost done my second semester at college and I can't help but feel that it's not for me. Both of my parents are college educated and came from unreal odds to get educated. They both grew up poor and put themselves through college debt free and moved way up in the class system so they don't really understand when upper-class kids don't want to go to college.

My sister went to Pitt because she was always the academic and did pretty well in high school. I don't go to a community college, its a four year school but its basically a school where most kids come from a 40 mile radius.

Being home for a week on Spring Break made me realize that I fucking hate college. I do well in school but I hate it with a passion, I hate the stress, I hate the profs constantly berating you, I hate the people. I just came to realize that college is not for me. Maybe I'm just not mature enough for college, I started school a year early so the kids I graduated with are technically a year ahead of me. I know age doesn't equal maturity but I can't dude. I'd much rather sit in my dorm watching the Boondocks than go to class or study or interact with shitty Penn State rejects.

I dunno, I can't tell my parents I want to drop out because they already spent a years worth of tuition and room & board. My parents would never forgive me. But 3 more years of this shit? I don't know. I've never been more miserable in my life. What am I doing? Setting myself up for a life of woulda, coulda, shoulda's?

The only thing I have gotten excited for at school is this Monday's Psych class. We're studying psychoactive drugs and I plan to go high as fuck.

Idk, this is just a rant that I felt the need to post.

Has anyone ever felt like this and done something about it or figured out a way to get through? I could use alternatives because in my mind, there are none.[/quote]

I go to a community college and it absolutely sucks. You should be having a blast at Penn State man, my friend used to go there and he said it was awesome. I just can't wait to make it to a 4 year university after my community college.

But you just have to stick it out maybe your major sucks and isnt interesting. Maybe your freinds aren't the best or the people u hang out with aren't the best. Switch it up man and savor every moment while your there... You don't want to fail out and end up going to a community college because if you hate penn state then you'll probably kill yourself where I'm going

5. u just need to party more or smoke buddha and relieve some stress its college god damn

dont know how you cant love it

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY]YOU GOT KNOCKED THA FUGGG OUT!!! - YouTube[/ame]

7. #27 I RoLL Fatties, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Finish off your college education, you'll need it, bro.

Just fuck hot bitches & smoke copious amounts of weed. That was my college life and it was fucking great. ;)

:smoke:

8. I'd at least stay until you got your A.A., once you got that you could apply for a decent job and see if you like it. If not you could always go back to school and get your bachelors, trust in this economy your going to need every edge you can get over fellow job applicants.

9. Didn't you feel this way in High School?
    If you decide to leave, what is your back up plan? If you can take care of yourself right now and live on your own, then so be it... Hopefully with no regrets. It'll be a shame to realize this was a mistake later in life when you no longer watch the Boondocks.
    Education can open up more doors.
    Just saying.

10. You've got to think about it like.. Follow along in this fucked up system and make bank, or be free in life.

11. Your parents are paying a years tuition for you? Ride the gravy train man

12. If you stick it out you wont regret it man, as bad as it is college is a gate way to things that will make you happier later on in life. This is a great opportunity for you to make a drastically increased salary, as well as a better shot at getting a job in this economy. No one likes college, but they know it is well worth it in the end. Only two more years man! :D

13. Well unless you'll be happy living out your days at a power plant, pipe-yard, or lumberyard or some shit; you best start liking college!

14. Yup, okay, i get you.

BUT....

What is your panned alternative? working minimum wage sucks worse than college dude. However, if you dropped out, saved money and went traveling or something then that would be pretty cool

15. To OP, I was kinda in the same shoes as you, except neither of my folks went to college. When I graduated hs, I wasn't really excited to go to college, but my parents knew from not going, and especially in today's world, you really do need that degree.

During my first semester freshman year, I had this huge english paper that I waited till the last minute to do, like everything else lol. I was about to drop out just from the stress of that and I was telling myself that college wasn't for me. But I eventually got it done, and stayed in school, and that was a great decision. You may not like what your profs tell you, or the environment, but trust me, stick it out. It's a great feeling when you get that piece of paper that says your name and bachelors degree on it.

16. Dude man the fuck up and put in the next three years. Youll be happy when you have a good paying job. No one wants to do school work or anything but quit being a fucking pussy and go through school. Your education is all you really have, no one can take it from you.

17. Yea I got something that will motivate you, figure out how much it would cost to live on your own. Then go look through the job openings in your area online, look at the pay difference between those with a degree and those without.

18. Fuck you im a journalism major :cool:

19. I think you're just lazy. Most of us would rather be watching TV or doing something we call fun than work or school. It doesn't make you different, you just choose to complain more. I mean you honestly think people get up every morning thinking " I can't wait to go to class and do some Calculus 3 problems!" You get what you put in.

20. Do u have anything better like a real job. Like a career for the rest of your life. Times are tuff man an if your parents are willing to pay for school there is no reason not to go. Maybe a different one if u hate it there that much. Some where far from home