College dorm grow!! Micro with 50w CFL! Bagseed with pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by COmedplant, Feb 13, 2009.

1. you need to get the daylight CFL's i cannot stress this enough. The soft whites are not emitting the colors the plant needs. Understand you are trying to keep it small but if you dont switch those CFL's you're gonna get small and thin vs. a small bushy plant.

You're going to get a small yield regardless, might as well make the most of it?

2. Sounds like some good advice! Right now I have to go to work until three but after im going to the hardware store in order for some goods. This is what ill prolly buy

2 Daylight CFL's
    1 Larger watt 2700k CFL
    Organic Fish Fertilizer with NPK 5-1-1
    And a Y splitter.

Im looking at around a total of 75 watts for this plant maybe a little more. I think that should be ok, specially for keeping it small.

I let my little guy get some morning sun today and it looks great! The two new leaves are substantially bigger. But like i said, off to work!

Thanks for the input!

3. So I went to the store today and got some more stuff.

Heres a list. appparently the hardware store i went to didnt have soil or nutes so Ill take care of that wednesday.

Anyway, here is my current setup.

3 x 23w 2700K CFL
    1x 26w 6500K CFL
    A small fan blowing on the plant to promote thicker stem and keep it cool.

Still just watering with PH. The first 2 leaves dont show any signs of nute burn, or ph imbalance.

I also switched my light cycle to 24 on. I just read an article about canabis growing that says seedlings need as much light as they can.

Im gunna post a photo update tomorrow. Any comments or suggestions?

4. Don't do it.

5. You. Have. Balls.

That is all, good day.

6. wow... ok so dont know why everyone is being so hostile...

7. quit now man, the amount of bud you will get is no where near the risk you are taking. SERIOUSLY rethink about starting up when you move out of dorms! My friend got caught doing the same thing, and served 3 months in jail

8. By me the penalty for having less the 100grams is a ticket with no criminal preceeeding.

9. yeah but u have a plant bro, thats manufacturing, quite a hefty charge. I think its a automatic felony to.

but i support u, good luck

10. No... check this site for further clarification.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4557

Even for cultivation it is still a minor misdeamonor. No jail time, just a ticket. And I even asked a friend of mine who was an RA here, the penalty would be i get kicked out of this dorm and placed in another one.

So please people... I HAVE DONE THE RESEARCH!!!! This is not a fucking whim idea. I really just wanna get some practice before I ruin 40 dollars worth of seeds I just ordered for next year in my apartment with a more serious setup!!

11. The penalty for possession of the dried buds vs. growing the bud is substantially different. Not only that, most universities and colleges receive federal funding which makes them responsible to follow federal guidelines. Chances are, if you are caught, it will go through the federal system...not the state system.

All that said...it can be done properly. There are just rules to follow. Like NO-ONE can come in your room. NO-ONE can know that you are growing. NEVER smoke in your own dorm room. And don't sell your weed.

All those aside, I wish you luck with your endevour. Godspeed sir.

12. If you followed the link to the marijuana laws for my state that I am in, then it specifies what the penalties are. I dont want to sell the weed first off, second i dont smoke in the room, and third the only ones that know are me and my roommate.

And a federal case is not going to be brought against someone with 10g's of weed on them. That will most certainly be handled at the state and city levels.

13. UPDATE

Lights: 1 x 26w 6500k CFL
    3 x 23w 2700K CFL
    Light cycle: 24 on
    Nutes: None yet, Picking them up tomorrow
    Temp: Around: 85 F

So here is a little update of the little guy i got going. I know its only been two days but I cant help but post an update. The coloring on the first two leaves looks really good, and I can tell that they are growing away from the pre-leaves. So far so good I think. I dont really know what to look for as this is my first grow. I switched the lights on to 24 hrs a day and I will be picking up some sort of nute tomorrow for veg/flower stages. Let me know what yall think. And please, If your just gunna try and bash me or tell me to not do this, Ive already heard it in the last three pages....

Thanks for stopping by and to the few people you have given me support!

Attached Files:

14. i think u need more 6500k cfls. i've always heard 6500k for veg 2700k for flower. if i were you I would go out and replace the 3 2700k bulbs you have w/ 6500k ones. i think that will give your plant the light it needs and promote more growth. then when you decide to flower just switch back to the 2700k cfls u have and you should be good.

15. Ya I know your supposed to use 6500k in Veg, But people grow all the time with HPS and that has a k rating of around 2700K. I dont know, if its not doing as I like, then Ill switch them for sure in a few days.

16. So in lue of the advice, I went out and bought two more 6500k cfls. So i have 3 x 6500k and one 2700k For about 100w of light. Itll be intresting to see the results!

17. that makes sense, i'm not very experienced in growing either but hps lights also give off way more lumens and light so maybe that's why people use them for vegging. I could be totally wrong though, only time will tell, hopefully a pro will jump in and give you a real answer

18. So i did notice a diference with the Daylight bulbs!!! The leaves are more perked up and there is significant growth since yesterday. I think the change really did help. Thanks RiDank! Im going out to get fertilizer today. I may even get some actual potting soil instead of some i got from outside.

19. np rock gl with the grow

20. haha yah man. +rep for sure. I think you were right about the intensity of the HPS. It is ALOT more powerful than CFL and puts out alot more lumens. Which most likely accounts for the lack of stretching you see with CFLs