Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Collecting kief loss of bud?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Urge, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I occasionally freeze my grinder with some Dank and a gold dollar thingy on the screen shake it up
    Just threw a .6 in froze it, shook it up emptyed it out weighed it and it was .4 I got alot of kief looks pure but dont understand the bud loss, anyone else have this issue?

2. It's because kief is heavy. Think about it. If the nug weighed .6 when you threw it in the grinder and it came out to be .4 and you got a lot of kief then the loss of mass is the kief.

3. @urge I know what you mean, the same thing happened to me. I did the same thing you did. I put about a nickel size amount of bud in my space case grinder. Grinded it, put in freezer for about 20 mins and shook like crazy. Opened it up and saw a dime size amount of bud. Got scared and look at the kief collector section. Nice mound of kief, did not look like fine ground up bud. Look at the grinder screen and no holes. Very strange.