Cold Temperature Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by miking, Dec 28, 2019.

1. #1 miking, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Hello from Amsterdam
    I am growing 5 autoflower indica strains in my indoor grow tent with 400w hps lamp.
    I was not in home about 24 hours. I forgot the close the window. When i come back my indoor tent's temperature was 15 Celcius(59 F) , humidity was %40 And my plants was droopy so i want to ask

P.s i was read that autoflowers and indica strains can live in cold temperatures

1-My plants can fix itselfs?
    2-These plants are autoflower this situation can delay me for harvest?
    3-After this cold temps i saw some holes on few leaves you can see on pictures what are these?
    4- And also i saw curling on edge of leaves you can see on pics? How can i fix it?
    5-what do you suggest to me about this situation

View attachment 2728302
    View attachment 2728299 View attachment 2728298 View attachment 2728300 View attachment 2728301

2. for the cold temperature just get the room back to the proper temperature and the plants will recover in a day or so. the curling is probably also a result of the cold temperature. it might always have a little curling but will recover as well. it looks like some pests managed to sneak in also, in the future a good defense is to keep the foliage off the soil and the pot it's self. pests use these as express ladders onto your plants. the bark of a plant is it's natural defense against bugs and generally the only thing you want them to be able reach. this is also part of why you don't want your roots getting exposed. as far as dealing with the pests, look up an identification chart and start with that.

59 also isnt super cold so they should recover from that just fine. in the wild most plants including cannabis will droop in the morning dew, and perk up as the day goes on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I got room back to the proper temperature immediately. But i cant diagnose the pest problem. I am researching about 1 hour but i can not be sure. What do you think what is that problem? These holes only on 2 leaves on one plant should i remove these leaves? And this situation can delay me for harvest?

4. i would remove the damaged leaves and trim/move any that are touching the edge of the plant. then i would probably pick up some neem oil and give them a good once over, every other day until flower kicks in and buds start forming. it might be early enough that just treatment will prevent the pests from doing any harm. it might just be the light from the camera, but it looks like there is some white spotting on the leaves near the holes. if it is then it's probably mites. be sure to look under each leaf for any black specs. pests will quickly spread between plants so be sure to treat them all. neem oil is generally the go to for generic pest problems. you want to try to catch them as soon as possible so you can prevent the breeding cycle. thats why it's also important to treat the plants every other day or so. to kill off any eggs, and prevent new ones. once you get bud stop using neem oil. it will make your bud taste as bad as neem oil smells. it could also not be pests and could be something as simple as water getting on the leaf while the light is on. but it's much better to treat for pests and not have any then to have pests and not treat.

when looking for pests be sure to check the veins of the leaf as well as the underside. look for black specs on the bottom, and white specs on the top, as well as small holes and discoloration.

Complete Pest Guide - Cannabis Pests, Bugs & Viruses | Grow Weed Easy

5. Looks good to me. Get them inside and keep them warm!

Those holes just look like tears,

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum