Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cold process vg tincture

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ITbyTI, Jul 11, 2017.

1. As you may or may not know, medicinal is legal in MI. I am looking for better ways to help my patients. Some do not prefer to smoke it or want that THC high. It is now July 2017, I started a VG tincture(cold method) in a quart jar dec 2016. I did NOT decarb. I used 1.5 oz for each quart jar. I kept it in my cupboard with no light so it stayed maybe 75-80 degrees. I have yet to strain it. in the meantime I have shook it manually daily for many months.

After investing a 1/4 lb and countless hours shaking it I want to make sure I finish the process correctly. This is why I come to the grasscity forum to ask my fellow caregivers advice.

first - What is the best way to strain off the plant material? (I have no intention of reusing it)
    second - After it is strained what is the best method to store it to keep potency?
    third - Can anyone suggest an average dosage. (I make kief or hash candies with 200mg potency)
    fourth - What is the shelf life of the active ingredients? ( to obtain effectiveness)

I will say that I would have just used a metal mesh strainer and had my patients test it. However, one of my patients has had a leg amputated under bad circumstances. They could not subside his pain before amputation and from what I have learned this will create a phantom pain and I want to minimize that as much as possible. I have read that applying directly to the site will help (not ingestion). My patient prefers not to smoke it but with the advances in medicinal marijuana I see no reason they should suffer for the rest of their life. And, of course I am always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for mine and any other patients. We never know but someday I myself or many others suffering may need this information.

Finally, I have done hours of research to find the best way to make vg tincture and have found many many ways to do it. I chose not to activate or decarb as this can be done when using the tincture. I welcome any advice and thank you all so very much for your input. It will not go unheard and will help my patients and many more I pray.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keep it Refrigerated for sure as excessive heat can kill it's shelf life after opening

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Grasscity Forum mobile app