Cold Microwave

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by mjman007, May 8, 2012.

1. There needs to be like an anti-microwave. Like a microwave that makes things cold in minutes. I thought of this because I had a 40 oz steel reserve and had it out too long and it got warm. It'd be awesome just to zap my beer/or any other beverage back to the perfect chilled temperature in like a minute. I have no idea how this could be done...I'm no scientist lol but it'd be the shit.

2. Dry ice can cool shit fast .. They have blast chillers ! I think some one might have all ready thunked it

3. its called a freezer. [​IMG]

4. Hahahahaha.

5. You have a freezer that can cool drinks in minutes ? :rolleyes:

6. Hey OP, its called ice cubes.

[​IMG]

7. ice cubes dont work for everything dude. you cant put ice cubes in beer.

8. been done haha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haan3Tz0SJk"]Haggard - Reverse Microwave - YouTube[/ame]

9. [quote name='"fenderkush"']ice cubes dont work for everything dude. you cant put ice cubes in beer.[/quote]

Yes. You can put them in beer. Its not reccomended that you do, but im sure you can find a way to put an ice cube in a container that is holding an alcoholic beverage. :)

10. I have heard... Never tried, but heard... that you can make a beer ice cold in a few minutes by submerging it in ice water with salt. The salt is very important.

Apparently they proved it on MythBusters but I must have missed that episode, I'm going on hearsay here. :p

11. Don't drink 40s, drink 12 oz cans or bottles. They won't get hot before you finish them...

12. Salt lowers the freezing point of water so u can have some COLD ass water below freezing chill yur beer super fast.

13. Flash-freezers, they are about the size of a microwave. Really expensive, im a chef, and ive only seen one at the school i went too, and in very nice industrial kitchens.

14. Don't use ice cubes use chilled stones that's where the term whiskey on the rocks came from they would use clean chilled rocks so it wouldn't water it down but they have a drink cooler that will cool a 40 in a minute I can't remember where to get it at but ill post when I remember

15. [quote name='"User Name 401"']

You have a freezer that can cool drinks in minutes ? :rolleyes:[/quote]

It's called a flash freezer.

Edit: it would probably actually freeze it though.

16. Dude ice cubes in beer is a federal offense XD

17. i keep glasses in the freezer for my beer, it wouldn't turn a warm beer cold but it helps a little

18. [quote name='"Simmerten"']i keep glasses in the freezer for my beer, it wouldn't turn a warm beer cold but it helps a little[/quote]

Ever hear of a freezer mug my grandpa uses them all of the time they are pretty nice

19. Holy shit...
    this would be perfect for a steak.