Cold Method Tincture

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SJmunoz, Apr 7, 2019.

1. hey all!

Hope everyone is doing well and blessed. I want to try a cold method cannabis tincture for recreational purposes. I don’t want to inhale smoke anymore, so I thought this would be a good idea.

Who has tried it?
    What’s a good recipe?
    My state allows purchase of Everclear. So I know I need that.
    Tips for a stronger recipes?
    How to?

I appreciate all info given in advance!

2. Decarb Cannabis = 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

Freeze weed and Alcohol separately.
    Combine and shake 10 seconds
    Strain and squeeze out remains.
    Wear gloves as skin contact will transdermal transfer and give you one hell of a high.

I generally do a short quart of cannabis to a full 750ml of 190 proof.

[​IMG]
    4 well chilled fifths of 190 proof and 3 of room temp (not shown)
    [​IMG]
    7 shy quarts of decarbed weed by dry measure.
    [​IMG]
    Typical load and I'll dump a full fifth of booze into this next.
    [​IMG]
    Shake for 10 seconds and squeeze out in small loads.
    A potato ricer works ok for this but I still lose more tincture then I'd like trapped in the weed. Need a big hydraulic press to really be able to extract the last of the tincture.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Those bottles look like 151proof? Or are they for storage and we want 190proof(90%+) i plan on doing this

Sent from my Z965 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. They started as 151 as that was all California sold at the time. Now it's even lower at 120 proof. This is why I run all of it through the still first before use to get it up as high as I can get before the wash.
    Judging by volume of water left alone I'm hitting 175 proof or better with a single run in the pot still.

Yes use the highest proof possible. I did use straight 151 the first few times making tincture and it was acceptable but 190 is mo betta. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brass have you ever used a alcohol hydrometer to test to see if proof increases?
    I would love to see if you are correct, not saying you are not by any means but it is like lab testing to see THC percentage in our weed .
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It was on my list of things to buy but I never got a Round Tuit.
    [​IMG]

LOL it just got less important and I did the old moonshiners shake test.
    Big bubbles that don't last long = high proof
    Small bubbles that stick around = low proof.

I did a couple of redistills and it didn't change the output so I'm at the limit of what a simple pot still and basic cooling coil will do.
    BNW