Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold/ear infection

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Motley, Jul 1, 2009.

1. I'm just getting over what I believe to be a cold, though it could be allergies, and there's a pressure in my right ear. Is it safe to smoke? I thought I might have an ear infection but haven't yet seen a doctor about it... don't know whether I should smoke or not.

Just for what it's worth: I usually smoke approaching midnight because of chronic nausea, and have been even while sick because it made me feel better than any medicine ever has.

I'm sort of worried it might be the ear popping kind of ear-infection (which I've never had) and will suddenly start hurting like hell. Usually weed helps with pain, but there are some pains it makes worse; i.e. ass pain and lower back pain. Any veterans want to give their say?

I figured I'd smoke up in about 15 minutes. Short notice, I know... cheers.

2. I don't see what smoking has to do with your ear....sorry I can't help you, but I would probably smoke and if it doesn't go away soon go see a doctor? Sorry dude that's all I got.

3. I was just wanting to know what I *could* expect from people who have done it before, but thanks anyway herbaltoker. :)

4. I think you had allergies not a cold, and that that is congestion from the allergies. It stopped dripping and now its up there or something. Take some pseudoephed and/or guaifenesin for a few days.

PS. im probably right, and even if i was wrong it wouldnt hurt ya, but dont take medical advice from stoners on the interwebz.

5. Treating symptoms is not the same as treating the illness. Smoking will make you feel better but it will not make the illness go away. The body has an amazing capacity to heal itself, take a few days off from smoking, sleep A LOT, and I'm sure you will feel better. While being high may not actually make the sickness worse, smoking might, Taking smoke into your lungs puts stress on them. Stress on any body system lowers its ability to fight off infection (which is why many people believe being out in the cold will make you sick, its not that you get sick from the cold, but that your body is stressed and it is easier to become infected by ambient microbes). It won't kill you to take a break, and it is better to stop for a few days and get healthy than to potentially exacerbate the illness.