Coffee grounds to lower PH?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by haynow, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Anyone have an opinion on this? I use it outside for acid loving shrubs. My ph isn't bad...just a little high.

2. I have some data from many experiements and lots of research.
    Would that be okay, or do you really need opinion?

-mu

3. Whatever you have would be great! Thanks.

4. It will work.

5. Dude! I got a lot of data!

What, exactly, do you want to know?

-mu

6. He already knows that!

-mu

7. Nevermind. I just did it. Thanks for your help.

8. lime juice will lower p.h lemon juice will rise p.h

9. Good info man. Thanks!

10. use with caution though i sujest trying it dyluted it with water and trying it out on a pot of soil first as u dnt wann kill ur babys going to low or 2 high...

11. Gotcha. Yeah, when I tried the coffee grounds I was amazed at how little it took to bring down the PH.

12. people miss conseive p.h to be a problem that needs a scientist to sort, it dsnt take a lot to fix but like you said be carfulll as somthing that could easliy be sorted can be terned into a problem that cant. prevention is better than cure!!!

13. BOTH will lower pH, of course. Both are acid.

(unless you are confused, and meant that the other way around - I've never tried lime juice, but I'd be amazed if lime juice, being an acid, could raise pH! AMAZED! Show me the pics!)

In soil, you should never need to be adjusting pH. Aim to have the bacteria bring it naturally to neutral, as they easily do, given the right conditions. Any "fix" you think you are applying, is more than likely temporary.

If you must, add peat.

-mu

14. lime juice is no acid it is an alkaline, duhhh lool hence that lime juice will lower and lemon juice is an acid and it will raise p.h

15. Dude, I realize that when you are stoned, this seems funny, but you are confusing noobs here, so stop it!

BOTH ARE ACID.

That is a fact.

The entire "Citrus" family is named so BECAUSE they ALL contain CITRIC ACID.

BOTH WILL LOWER pH.

-mu

16. lool i know lool lime has a ph of 1 making it an acid but will still lower p.h