Codiene OTC

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SpongePaul, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Well, just poking around the interwebs, getting meds from NZ, AUS, or uk instead of the US because i can get much better pills OTC. btw you can get otc with codeine dihydrocodine and morphine from other countries, and ship it to yourself, BUT ANYWAY

I noticed that in 35 states robitussin AC (with codeine) is legally avial behind the counter you can only get 4 ounces every 72 hours (max) i called a few pharms, and although its legal here, and actually in the medicade/medicare/gov listings as covered OTC medicens. The law says that under a certain dose level, with additives that it is legal for the pharmisist to give out if in his/her judgment you need it. you must sign a log and show id, no problem!

The CVS lady looked at me like i was crazy!;
    The walgreens man told me to leave, he is not a drug dealer, you need a prescription;
    the wally world pharmacist said i was wrong,
    the local mom and pops said they never heard of it.
    found one in the counrty that know of it, but will only special order it for known customers (asshole)
    I had to show pharmicisits the law in thier own state.
    i brought the info with me.
    the cvs lady listened and said, um.. well i dont think we can order that, LOL (fucking cop out)
    the walgreens man threated to cal the police at that point, to which i said go ahead, i am asking for a legal otc, and then i left while calling him an ignorant redneck hick!.

Did not bother at wallmart.

gonna try and track sum down next week. so for the GCer's who are in the states, in 35 of em you can go get it, if you can find a pharmacy that is not a total DEA assclown coverfront!!!

2. Yeah, that would have been a fun drug hunt. I would of went to every pharmacy until I recieved some.

Are you going to try again elsewhere?

3. you are my hero.

4. Yeah his determinations surprises me. :p

5. I probably would not have been to confident in myself doing that sort of 'research'

6. Is California one of those 35 states?? :D

7. yea you won't just get it - trust my advice, my dads a pharmacist. Although having a dad thats a pharmacist means i get codeine pretty easily... call dad, say i have a bad cough cold thats keeping me awake at night - boom, codeine prometh cough syrup just like that. Technically its illegal but they don't keep enough inventory on liquid codeine, so he can easily give it out to his son without an RX. All i've gotten from him without an RX is codeine syrup, tramadol and klonopin (because i was prescribed it at one point). Pretty dope - wish he could/would get me other stuff\

for codeine, you gotta at least phone your doctor. If he knows you semi-decently, he'll write you a codeine RX over the phone without a visit if you say you got a bad cold keeping you awake... don't ask for codeine, but you'll get it as long as you describe is as bad cough, can't sleep and muscle ache's

8. #8 SpongePaul, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009

Actually codien is on the federal exempt narcotics list. if it meets the low dose thresholds woith other activs, it is kept in a logbook, just like with the sudafeds. You do not need to see a doc to get it. it is left to the discretion of the pharmisict.

I will look sum more next week, but odds are low i would think, just because its legal, doesnt mean they have to stock it. escpecially when the little 4 oz bottle costs like 4-5 bucks (from what i have read) and the pharmacy and the docs can write a prescrption for it in a big bottle and charge 60 to your HMO.
    As far as the guy who does not think he has the cajones to do this "reasearch, its not unlawful, you are walking in and asking for a perfectly legal product, like going in and asking where the asprin are. Dont have/Cant find a list of the states that its legal in, but federally it is legal, the state has had to have passed a law requiring a prescrption for it. I really miss the old compounding mom and pop pharmicies, the CVS and Walgreens of the world have helped kill medicen availabitly

At the very least, i will educate the parm techs and pharmisiscts of the area with the law. I mean, if they dont know about it, how is joe public going to know. I still get my paramol my codeine and even morphine (diocalm) from europe/NZ/AU

9. To the bolded part, look up veterinary compounding on the net. Very interesting... and very legal.

10. OK Abject Absoloute Failure!
    I get a FAIL!
    Cant find a legal medicine, no one carries it, not in the legal 4oz size, but then again why would they when they can bilk the insurance for an overpriced 8oz prescption bottle.
    Good luck anyone else trying to find it.
    My mission is over The SPonge has failed! Back to Bikini Bottom to toke up and lick the wounds of failure!, LOL!!!!!!

11. Damn man that sucks. I kind of had a feeling you weren't going to be successful because I know the pharmacy I work at would automatically label you as a drug seeker and tell you to get out. Props on your commitment though, that was great.

12. The only thing is i do not look like a drug seeker, it looks like i could have a sick kid. i did not go in street dressed, i made a choice to put on work clothes like dockers and a polo, and i am in my mid 30's, so i did not look like a sterotypical druggie, but none the less. Just did not feel like ordering form uk or au. it just takes for fuck ever to get here.

And its kinna like oh well i tried, i lived it did not work but what the fuck i tried it once!