Coco pre-charge

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Fhopes182, Jun 22, 2018.

1. So I'll be setting up my first Coco grow soon and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to pre-charge Coco. How much calmag/nutrients do you use? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

2. Hey mate , most decent brads of coco come pre buffered these days... dont go cheap and youll be sweet. Youll only need cal/mag if you use ro water. And youll need an ec meter to detrmine how much nutrient to use dont go cheap on that either.... bluelabs ec pen is awesome
    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

3. If the coco you use isn't pre-buffered, you can charge it with 1/4 strength bloom nutes pH'd to 6.0. Don't forget the perlite. Good luck. :)

4. Awesome that's good to hear, I ordered blue Labs pH and ppm pens as well, kind of expensive but the ones I used for soil went to shit after a few uses, money well spent. I bought Canna Coco in the brick form, looks decent. Thanks for the help!!!

5. I'm planning on using 50/50 Coco perlite, trying to make it a real hydro system. Everything else is set up with timers, I'm planning on watering 3 to 4 times a day. I will probably pre charge just to be safe, do you use calmag as well as
    bloom?

6. Keep your pots small if you want to water that much

7. Would 3 gallon smart pots work? Or do I need to go smaller?

8. Smaller. I’m in one gallons fed twice a day on a drip system. Unless you plan on growing trees, one gallon is plenty.

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

9. Lol lol nothing wrong with trees these 3 are filling a 5x5 tent in 30L pots
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice plants, but your not feeding them 4 times a day in 30L pots and a lot longer veg time to fill that space.

11. Damn, I need to rethink my whole strategy. I thought 4 3g would do perfect in a 5x5

12. They will fit, but you will have to veg longer to get there. To reap the hydro benefits of coco, you feed multiple times per day. But in order to do that, the pots must be full of roots. You’ll start in solo cups and be out in two weeks and into one gallon pots. Another 4 weeks of veg will put you to my size (I have 12 in a 4x4 but it’s pretty full). My next run I’m vegging a couple weeks longer (I have a separate veg space so I can always have flowering plants on a perpetual cycle). They are in 3 gallon pots. A lot will depend on the stretch as to how they fill your tent too. Did you browse my journal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I use tap water, so cal/mag is not required.

14. Your plants look great, looks like a lot of work. I'll probably go the three gallon route and up pot like you said. I only grow during the winter months to keep the power bill down so I need a large yield to keep going through the rest of the year.

15. Most of the work is plant training and hand watering in veg. Once they hit that flower table, it’s all gravy. Start a journal when you begin your grow. I’d love to follow along

16. Will do, got a few months until i start the setup, but I'll definitely journal it. Thanks for all the help it's highly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1