COCO ph and PPM questions

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Budsmoker187, Dec 15, 2010.

1. pH is ranging from 6.3-6.6 ppm ranges from as low as 90-430 but most are around 150ppm and this is measuring the run off from each of the 8 individual pots. I would say they are in early veg. I just flushed them three days ago and gave them a small feeding today. They look a little yellow, also the tips are curling up. and some brownish spots are forming on leaves.

Now the PH is best at 5.8, when I mix my water and solutions I get the PH water level to 5.8 and ppm 450. In order to have the desired ppm from the waste water should I mix my water to have a much higher ppm reading to compensate for the low ppm(150ish) reading from the waste water draining from the pots? Also since the PH level is coming out around 6.3-6.6 should i mix my waters PH lower to maybe 5.2 since there is about a .8 difference from the water PH to the drainage PH?

2. Everyone keeps telling me that the run off isn't very accurate.

Just concentrate on getting lots of run off with your solution. I had been using about 600ppm during weeks 3, 4 and 5 of veg with meager results. Yellowing and what not. I have it up to 1000ppm now and they look alot better.

You just set your pH at 5.8 with the solution and use plenty of that.

My idea is to feed the plant once a week or so, then water twice without run off, and then once with a really good amount of run off. Then I feed again with a lot of run off.

I'm not sure it is going to work but I'm hoping this will keep the ppm levels from getting too high or too low.

What does everyone else do?

3. I feed low strength solution everytime I water, with just a little runoff to make sure all the medium gets watered evenly. The only issue I have with that is my plants are growing so damn fast Im running out of room.

4. what do u mean by ''getting lots of run off?''

5. I mean that when you water you get a good 25% of what was added to drain out the bottom. This is supposed to keep the nutrient levels more balanced and even.

6. For coco it is not about the testing of the runoff. Everything sounds like you are doing it all right...5.8 going in is just perfect. I would personally not adjust for the 5.2 runoff. What is your coco mix? Do you have an amendments in there?

7. I feed everytime too with botanicare pure blend love it

8. Mix your nutes and ph and let it sit for 10 then check it then let it sit for 10 then use. For some reason this fixed my issues tell me how you resolve yours mate.:rolleyes:

9. just coco no nutes added. water schedule is nutes calmag, nutes calmag, nothing, water calmag repeat. flush every 3 weeks

10. Can you post some pics so we can see what the issue might be?