Coco+Perlite+Worm Castings?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Jesstany, May 14, 2011.

1. Okay so I've asked a few beginner questions and hardly get responses. I don't know what the deal is but I'll try again. This question is about my medium.

I decided to use Coco and bought 5 bricks of it. each brick will fill a 3 gal bucket to the rim.

I also got 2 bags of Perlite and one 20lb bag of worm castings.

I plan on growing 4 or 5 plants on my first grow, please help me with the perfect ratio of the three, people with experience please respond!

2. on my outdoor crop i use 40% coco, 40% potting soil, 20% castings.

the castings allows me to just use ph'd water through the veg phase with no need
    to use any nutes.

indoors 50% coco, 50% perlite w/ 0% castings. i do add some dolomite lime
    to combat the cal/mag issues that coco can cause.

3. 1 part perlite
    1 part castings
    3 parts Coco
    and an estimated amount of Epsom Salts ( depends on amount of medium being mixed.)

it all depends on what you want to do . you want your medium to act like soil, more castings. Act like hydro, less castings and maybes some more perlite.

lets start with what kind of nutrient line/regiment are you going to use, and how often do you feel like watering...

4. For veg I'm using Jack classic fertilizer and for bloom I am using a mix of AN's Big bud and Jacks flowering enhancer. I plan on using all distilled water for the grow. thanks for the help in advance!

5. the use only enough casting to buffer .. say a half part ..and then only for seedlings, IMHO

have fun