Coco Nutes

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by angusbeef, May 27, 2011.

1. #1 angusbeef, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canna-Coco-Set-2X1-Liter/dp/B000G24ZIU]Amazon.com: Canna Coco A & B Set 2X1 Liter: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I've decided on using canna coco A and B but have no idea how far these jugs will go....only looking to get through one grow will this quantity be enough?

Aside from this will be using some cal mag.

Any other suggestions to get me from seedling to cuts?

Does molasses do well with coco? I've heard epsom salt to supplement for cal def.

My coco is mixed with perlite and has dolomite lime additive. About 1bsp per brick of coco?

What else am i forgetting?

Thanks folks

2. please reference the thread i just posted about gardening in coco and give me some feedback/ some of your own experiences. I a, a firm believer in coco but i am also a firm believer that many do not test the starting pH of the coco causing almost everyone to be off from the start.
    Thanks,
    OrganicGifts

3. #3 Wardrobe, May 27, 2011

No one can advise on whether that's enough nutes for one grow without knowing how many plants. Or do you mean one plant? If so, it should be enough.

The CalMag will be enough of a magnesium supplement - you shouldn't also need Epsom Salts.

Besides the Coco A+B and CaMg, some additives for root growth, boost during flowering etc are worthwhile.
    I'm using Canna coco coir, Coco A+B, Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, Canna Boost and PK 13/14. All Canna. Also, I'm following the feeding schedule in the grow guide on the Canna website.

Not sure about the molasses, but I noticed that CaMg+ is 10% fermented molasses (and 2.5% cane sugar).

4. all the nutrients are worthless (although canna is a descent chemical fertilizer) unless the pH of your COCO is dialed and on point from the start. OTHERWISE all these nutrients your adding in grow and flower cycles will just be sitting in the medium salting up and causing nutrient deficiencies. Please read the thread i posted on this exact topic. Everyone wants to begin feeding and mixing there resevoir's before they have an understanding about how important the pH of your coco is in order for all macro and micro elements be absorbed as best as possible.

5. do not get this confused with making sure the pH of your reservoir before feeding is dialed and on point. The pH of your coco medium and the pH of the fertilizer's (food) you mixed in your reservoir are two completely different things.

6. OrganicGifts, instead of hijacking others' threads to point people toward your thread, you should simply wait for replies to your one.

7. I am not asking you to reply to my thread, i am sorry if you thought i was hijacking people from your thread toward my thread. I just feel like their is some very helpful information in my thread pertaining to some of the questions and comments you had asked. I did not mean to offend you, i am sorry. This is my first time on a forum as well as my first posting topic that i feel Passionately About.

8. No need for apologies, and this isn't my thread either. Just giving a friendly pointer.:smoke:

9. doh yah I plan on growing 5 plants.

a liter should cover that to eh?

10. I doubt it. I'm about 6-7 weeks into a 3-plant grow and almost half-way through a 2x1 litre set.
    Depends on dosage and feeding regularity, I guess.
    I'm on Canna's 'Heavy Feeding' schedule and watering once or even twice a day.

I plan to buy 5 litre bottles next time, unless I change to another brand.
    Already, I've found much cheaper root accelerator and boost additives. (They're the really expensive part of the Canna range. I paid $62 for 250ml of Canna Boost and it's half gone already.)
    I just need to try them out when the Canna stuff runs out and compare to my 'Canna benchmark'.

11. #11 angusbeef, May 27, 2011
    ahh i was prepared to hear that but if you do the math a 5 liter really is not much cheaper per volume than the 1 liter so I didn't feel too bad about going small, not to mention suga mamma was on a budget!

23 for 1 liter

96 for 5..

So have got another sixty dollars to spend next week...

Where do I invest it?

Something for the roots? I see canna has some rhinzo stuff that pretty spendy so must be good? haha

I need to purchase calmag with that $$ too.

12. #12 Wardrobe, May 27, 2011
    Where I've been getting my Coco A+B, it's $44.50 + free deliv for 1 litre x 2, or $104.50 for 5 litres x 2 before delivery. They're local, so delivery isn't too expensive.

Where do you get 2x1 litre for $23? That's very cheap.

Yep, Rhizotonic is another nice wallet-emptier - where I shop it's $32.50 for 250ml, or $99 for 1 litre, (both free deliv).
    I'm going with Cash Crop 'Rootz' next grow, for a trial. It's $51 for 1 litre.

Edit: Also meant to add that I'm switching from Canna Boost to Cash Crop Boost. It's only $40/litre.

13. I am purchasing off Amazon.com with the free subscription of their "prime" service for 30 days which offers free s/h.

I guess, I won't be able to get my next 2 x 1 liters of A&B for 23 unless I get sneaky. ^^

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canna-Coco-Set-2X1-Liter/dp/B000G24ZIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306477170&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Canna Coco A & B Set 2X1 Liter: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

14. So I will have canna A and B

purchasing cal mag next week, what product would you recommend for root acceleration?

What does the canna boost do?

15. Well done at that price. Even at the price i'm paying, I was gonna stick to Canna base nutes along with Cannazym and PK 13/14 for now, but switch brands for the other additives, since they're so expensive.

So far, I can only recommend Canna's Rhizotonic since it's all I've used. As mentioned, though, I'm going with Cash Crop Rootz for a trial when the Rhizo runs out.

It's the main booster during flowering. You start adding it when flowering starts.

A further PK boost can then be provided when the buds are fattening out. That's what Canna PK 13/14 is for. It's used for one week during flowering.

The other additive I'm using is Cannazyme. It helps old roots to break down and turns them into plant food, rather than have them rot and cause harmful bacteria to grow.

This is all bloody expensive, but I'm using the lot for now, then I can better compare future grows using cheaper alternatives. I'll have a benchmark, as mentioned, since Canna is arguably the best.
    Gotta have a plan.

16. Use house and guardens coco line! Waaay better. Search for this one dudes video log. It's called like 4000 watts drip coco video log. He switches from I think canna and goes to h&g and u can see significant results. Check it out

17. H&G was recommended to me too, but since you've already ordered it, I reckon you should use the Canna, then test other brands for your own comparison, as I'm doing.

H&G apparently is pretty good, but similarly priced to Canna. A bit cheaper, though, at $32.45 for 2 x 1 litre.
    This is the brand of base nutes that I'll be testing, after I give Cash Crop Rootz and Boost a trial. Too many changes at once and I won't know where I am.

My 2c worth again.