Coco nutes - Canna VS House & Garden VS Canadian express

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by heaphyhigh, Nov 18, 2010.

1. #1 heaphyhigh, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    I am about to convert to coco and have recently been to my local shop and found that these three brands are available in coco specific nutrients. Now cost and the company name aside, I wanted to just compare contents to see what nutrient ratios would be best suited for cannabis growing in coco.

Please feel free to add data to below as I can only find limited information on the net.

Canna Coco A + B

NPK 4-4-3
    Calcium 4.5%(?)
    Magnesium 1.2%(?)

House and Garden Coco A + B

NPK 5.4-3.4-9.4
    Calcium ?
    Magnesium ?

Canadian Express Coco A + B

VEG
    NPK 4.6-0.6-3.6
    Calcium - 1.8
    Magnesium - 0.6

BLOOM
    NPK 3.1-0.6-4.2
    Calcium - 1.5%
    Magnesium - 0.6%

Canna makes the most sense to me given those numbers so far. Canna ain't high on potassium, yet still has a good dose of phosphorus. Canadian express on the other hand lacks on the phosphorus and cal/mag, yet has a safe amount of potassium. House and Garden seem to have very high potassium ratio, similar to their hydro blend, which concerns me as this may run into excess potassium and lockout of other nutes.

Any opinions?

2. I'd like to see what people say about this as well. I read every thread on this forum, and concluded that the best nutes to get are canna and botanicare.

For my first try at coco I'm just going to use the entire coco line and botanicare Cal/Mag.

3. You wont need cal/mag with the canna range. keep it simple is my motto.:p

4. Have you looked at the Technaflora nutrient line up?

5. Iv'e been using House & Garden for the last couple years with well water and no additional cal/mag and have had some good crops..my best in many years growing. when i started down the coco path 3 years back i tried canna, it formed clumps in my res..i also tried advanced monkey juice a & b, it was OK but part b was full of weird shit in several different batches, also ran CNS17 and liked it...but for me and my gig it's H & G, i ran there aqua flakes in a run to waste drip green house grow this past summer and using water from a shitty well, ph 8.5, it worked fine for tomatoes, cukes, peppers...and one big cheese girl...and she did great too..in my main grow i stick with the coco specific nutes and run all the additives...i do change the timing of the top booster..but that came as a result of trial..coco was a game changer for me..:smoke:

6. if you are recirculating the solution...HG Aqua Flakes..
    If you are doing drain to waste HG Coco A+B
    if you wanna skimp on something , the Algenmix is not need imo,switch the shooting powder for MOAB or something like that and the Top Booster ,that can switched with BioNova's PK13-14 to save on $$$...everything else HG makes is gold:smoke:

HG does wonders and keeps a steady PH when recirculating nutes

7. #7 heaphyhigh, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    I just brought a bottle of canna coco and just noticed that the NPK & cal/mag numbers are incorrect on my original post.

Here is the numbers I have on my bottle:-

23-17-13
    or
    5-3.7-2.8

Calcium - 36.4%
    Mag - 8%

8. That's weird...

My A+B together add up to
    5-4-3
    4.5 Calcium
    1.2 Magnesium

There also isn't "A Bottle" of Canna coco, it' two bottles...

From what I've read Coco retains a buffer of Potassium which is why Canna uses less of it.

From what I have seen in my research the issue with the Canna system is a lack of Iron and a shortage of Magnesium during later flowering. Supplementing these might be necessary.

9. #9 heaphyhigh, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    ^ The figures above are the same on each bottle representing the total mix.

It definitely states Calcium oxide is at 36.4%, but this may be a different expression as whats on your bottle. The Canna coco I have is for Australian market, so maybe different label and quantitys of cal/mag due to difference in local water? Not sure, would be good to have an expert explanation of the difference in numbers between canna coco.

10. I personally know a grower who compared House & Garden side by side with Canna in coco and H&G won because of quality and cost efficiency. He also used the same strain. Forget the numbers, just go with H&G.

11. I been using botanicare's pure blend grow and bloom with cal-mag and big bud with great results.don't know the numbers of hand but there on the net. botanicare also makes coco spec. nutes csn17 but haven't tried it yet.

Please note the following; Any post or form of media or communications from, by, or for, thesage3, is purely fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. Any pictures or media such as videos, were obtained from non copyrighted material found online,and for educational purposes only.

12. House and Garden and Advanced nutrients seem to run cleaner and not hot.
    The numbers of all nutrients lines can be played with by mixing slightly different amounts or by adding additives, so the numbers don't really concern me too much.
    Roots exculerator can not be beat. Expensive.... more economical would be botanicare zho or roots organics Oreogonism. I like General hydroponics organic line for certain things too. Canna rhizotonic seems to work well, but I like adding benificials in a hydro- organic mix. Calmg organic mix from gh works well for cal mag supplement.

13. I've just switched from canna to Dutch pro, it's cheaper than canna and so far it's blowing it out of the water!!! My plants look more advanced and healthier than when I was using canna. Check out my thread

14. Old thread haha but yeah interesting, I have been using canna now for years and have loved it got great results, rhizotonic is the shit imo, but I think Im gonna try a different line next time maybe H&G or give Dutch Pro a shot like the guy above.

15. I never even knew dutch pro existed.. Thanks for the update and info! I may try a run in the near future.

16. Recently changed from canna coca&b to house and garden...found out more calcium and magnesium in h&g, dropped my supplemental calmag...leaves started burning , stsrted variegating, after 50% flush for 2 days...back to 6ml a&b, protect, humic, hydroplex, roots instead of rhizotonic, cannazyme (and would like to change), microbes, liquid karma...any suggestions as to real experience with this change? And what I might be missing.. thanks

17. Botanicare grow/bloom Soil/coco formula, cal mag, liquid karma...then ad hydroplex for a bloom booster mid flower... ive ran cyco, H@G, GH flora series, and the botanicare has by far been my favorite in ease of use, quality of nugs, and how healthy it keeps my plants. I can count on over 1.5lbs per 1k light in 7 gal of tupur or cyco pearl and feeding daily