Coco feeding times with a Wilma

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Jaffacakes09, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Hi guys be doin a bit of research into using Coco I'm going to be using AN Ph perfect Coco sensi a+b and the hobbyist bundle. Had a look around on a few forums and here most people sayin to water every 3hrs for 15 is that through veg and thro flower as would of thought needed slightly less in veg but I may be wrong any input would be great guys thanks.

2. Or do u think I should use clay pebbles and change my nutrients to pH perfect hydro

3. Water/nute consumption is balance between 1) plant age, 2) pot size, 3) light intensity 4) humidity and 5) temperature.

As some rough guidelines:

1) cannabis plants grow about 1 gal of roots per month. Do not crowd roots but also dont have containers that are more than 3x the root volume of your plant using the above estimation.

2) nute use starts really light and grows much heavier as you hit month 2 and 3 of growth. Peaking through the stretch.

3) Lux is not a perfect light measurement for cannabis but it much cheaper to measure than par. Assuming you are running something other than burple lights you want 10,000-60,000 lux hitting your plants in veg and 40,000-150,000 lux in flower (be carful above 100,000).

4) With this light level above FEED: auto-flower like feed around 1.5-1.8 EC, Photoperiod 1.5-2.5 EC. pH 5.5-6.5 in coco. Less is more. Remember to flush.

5) With RH 40-60% and temps 65-80 F, I water about every other day in coco early on, then up to once a day in later veg. For photos, that get bumped up to 2-3x time a day through the stretch and then back down to once a day as the flowers set up and growth slows.

6) probably obvious but mix in some sort or aeration material (volcanic rock, expanded clay etc).

4. P.S. nute brands, grow stayles etc dont matter much. Its all weed in the end. I used fox farms for years, played with GH stuff, random home garden stuff etc. No big difference really. For starters canna A and B is easy b/c it just take two bottles mixed in equal ratios but in the end anything you learn to use will work about the same.

5. I'm usin 3x 240w Samsung lm301h v4 quantum boards 3500k Cree xpe2 660nm+uv+ir switch one of the best lights on the market at the moment Ill be 45w per sqft.