Coco Brands - looking again

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by PotStrainsForBackPains, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Once again looking for a new brand.

Used Mother Earth, got decent results but always had to chase pH, severely at times, like fertigating with 6.2 and getting runoff 4.2.

Have been using FoxFarm 7030 and it was great, no issues, none at all. Just opened a new bag and its all super fine dusty junk, very few fibers. Rinsed the heck out of it, still runs off orange/brown.

Thinking about Canna Coco, and maybe even Royal Gold Tupur.

What do you use? What is good about it? What sucks about it?

2. I use whatever the grow store has, I haven’t noticed any difference between the brands.

3. House and garden can’t go wrong simple easy too use

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Went with Royal Gold Tupur. Was recommended by a few folks, but the kicker for me was watching Canna Cribs' Grow Sciences episode. They really liked and recommended it. One segment, they were opening bags and putting it in 2 gallon cloth pots, directly. Like, no filtering no rinsing no charging, just use it. If a super high end facility like that is using straight out of the bag, that says a lot to me.
    Would like to promise I will update again, but you know how it goes. If I don't update, means everything went well. If I do update, its probably to whine because something went south.
    Transplanted 13 girls 3 days ago, new growth looks really good, maybe even better than before.

5. Trying FoxFarm FX14100 Coco Loco

6. I am just changing away from Fox Farm 7030. First few bags were excellent. Picked up two bags last month and they were pretty bad. All tiny dusty stuff, very few fibrous parts, and it was orange. Kid you not, runoff looked like watered down orange juice.
    Maybe the coco loco is better, have heard good things in the past, but I am nervous about their coco now. So far so good with the Tupur though. Seems to hold a tad more water than most coco. Feels deluxe in your hand, rich.

7. I never chase ph in coco I only pay attention to what goes n not what comes out. Did ur plants have issues?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've used Mother Earth, Complete, and Canna in the past without any issues.
    Like @GorillaGherkin stated..........I never check the run off.

9. @MickFoster this bag of FF 7030, after heavy rinsing, still generated runoff that looked like orange juice, it was insane. It even turned the perlite in the nursery pot orange.
    On the other end of the scale, the first runoff from the Tupur, totally unrinsed right out of the bag, is just clear water. Kind of amazed how clean it is. Just the feel of it in your hand, it feels deluxe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have never used a FF product.
    According to some reliable sources.........Royal Tupur is the premier coco coir.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1