Cockfighting at Children's Party in Texas

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by garrison68, May 2, 2011.

1. Don't put words into my mouth. I said I enjoy watching animals fight I think it should be legalized.

You enjoy smoking marijuana, don't you? So you support the Mexican drug cartels supplying the marijuana who rape and kill innocent people, destroy families and corrupt politicians.

2. I never saw chickens fight, but I do enjoy watching Mexicans fight.

3. #23 Bongin Shaman, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
    why would you think watching animals fight is entertaining? they don't do it for fun, they do it for survival, if you want to watch that, go watch some lions hunt gazelle or someshit, but don't condone capturing animals against their will and forcing them to fight one another in an unnatural fashion.

not .too cool.

4. "No offense" is the equivalent of saying "I'm going to offend you, but don't be mad at me."

You also pretty much just called me a douche bag for stating my beliefs on a subject.

5. #25 Bongin Shaman, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
    yeah i had realized thats why I deleted it lol.

but peoples beliefs are what makes them douchebags.

6. #26 Stoniecat, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes but in order to train the animals to fight they are tourchered in order to make them super aggressive. It's one thing in the wild when its for survival. It's another to train a domesticated animal to kill another domesticated animal. They are pets or in chickens case working animals. Not wild animals who defend them selfs or hunt for food.

7. #27 MrHhhiiiooo, May 2, 2011
    Yes all of those things are completely indirect effects of us smoking. That's like saying oh you eat meat so you condone the shit getting kicked out of a defenseless dog.

8. IMO cockfighting is different than dogfighting.

You have to understand, different cultures have different views on the world, i have been to south america and have been to places where cockfighting is legal, and loved.

I have also been to South Korea where they raise and sell dogs for food, like we do with chicken and pig here in the USA, and sell them in the markets, although they try to hide the practice from foreigners.

We don't make the rules for the entire world, even though our government would like to.

Is it really any worse than the employees at KFC who were caught walking through the chicken coop stomping on the chickens and kicking them into walls?

9. #29 iewed, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    I never said I was ok with the means of training but I enjoy watching the end result.

Just as drug users enjoy the end result but probably aren't ok with the what the result of purchasing said drugs entails.

My point was that watching animal fighting usually means supporting animal torture, sure there could be other, more peaceful ways of training the animal but this way is the most effective.

Similarly, purchasing drugs usually means supporting the cartels, sure there could be other ways of obtaining said drugs, but generally speaking the cartels are more effective.

Both are side effects of activities illegal in America. Personally I'd much rather support animal torture than support the human slave trade, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

10. #30 gymverb, May 3, 2011
    Nope, I have a close friend who grows. Nice try. How do you think they make the dogs mean? THEY TRAIN THEM. That's disgusting that you enjoy watching animals get harmed.

11. #31 gymverb, May 3, 2011
    I, personally, am I vegetarian, but I do not judge people who eat me. I personally believe that animals should be in little pain as possible, whether we eat them or not. So basically if I could slaughter my own animals I'd be cool with that. :)

And yes, even as much as I love dogs, countries are different. Just as long as they treated them with respect.

Edit: lol eat MEAT not me (although I am a girl:))

12. #32 chronickatcher, May 3, 2011
    Youve got a stupid outlook on the situation. Ppl in ufc train and are paid to fight and know they're supposed to fight..
    Ppl torturing animals with starvation and abuse to make them fight when they have no intention to fight.. It's pretty sick in my opinion. Dog fighting is the worst cmon that's mans best friend(I thought). But even cockfights are pretty fucked up putting blades on em and cramming em in boxes, probably not fed for shit..

13. #33 gymverb, May 3, 2011
    Cock fighting is very cruel. I work at a farm and chickens are actually pretty smart. They know what tine they have to go back to the barn, etc. And for cockfighting they have to make them mean just as with dogs. They'll put razor blades on their legs or spurs.

Sorry guys, this just hits a place in my heart...we have a rescued pit that was a bait dog. Other bigger, meaner dogs would attack him to "learn" how to be mean. Even after all humans have put him through, he loves people. Doesn't like violence, but that's understandable.

14. lol this is what im thinking, you see this shit all the time in mexico i honestly don't see the big deal

15. Wait I'm confused- was this the party's entertainment for the kids? Or was there really no birthday? Or were both events just happening on same property?

Also, IMO, the people saying they support and love dog fights and love watching puppies murder each other must not have pets

16. #36 iewed, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    I would bet the vast majority of drug users don't have a close friend who grows.

And honestly, its not just dogs I like to watch fight. I love to watch people fight to the death as well. The idea of animals fighting for their very existence really interests me.

I'm a little bit surprised that in a community comprised of society's deviants there is still so much close mindedness and ignorance.

I have had several pets, grew attached and generally cared for them. Doesn't change my opinion, I actually wanted to train a few of my own pets to fight and kill other animals. It's actually how I learned about my initial interest in animal fighting.

17. if you think not wanting to see dogs or humans fighting to the death is close mindedness, and you also wanted to train animals you "loved" how to (essentially) kill themselves, then it's clear that you weren't raised in the kind of home I was- by the kind of parents I was. And I will literally thank them for that next time I speak to them.

18. But anyways can someone answer my initial question?! Lol I'm curious!

Originally Posted by stoneheir
    Wait I'm confused- was this the party's entertainment for the kids? Or was there really no birthday? Or were both events just happening on same property?

19. Typical, typical typical right wing yuppie. You enjoy watching animals and other things fight to the death because your animalistic, your still living in the past. You see, in the modern world we call this INHUMANE and even, pure capitalistic.
    You talk about wanting to train your own pets to fight and kill animals, and it is truly sick. So you mean to say, you want to be just like all the other fuckers on youtube who post videos of animals fighting and say "wow that's so cool", ever thought of how pointless it really is? Why train some dog that you are attached to, to die or get hurt - because its going to happen eventually. And secondly, And that is okay with you? And it's okay for you to profit off this dog who is now in serious condition - even though he "won" the fight?
    Thats really cool. Seriously, get outta here, you cant even be taken seriously in the least when you say you want to legalize this

20. I like turtlez.