cob repair, help.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Feb 6, 2018.

1. hey guys had a miss hap with my one cob light( 4 vero 29 g7's to a hlg 320h-c2100). what i can guess is, being i just used the heat paste to attach due to breaking the tap, that the power wire some how formed some twist to it and lifted the cob off the heat sink. i was in the tent when it lifted but only noticed when it started steaming, pre smoke, i jammed the cob back onto the heat sink but the holder cam right off and the light went out
    IMG_20180206_143555576[1].jpg

right now i got no idea how the cobs works internally, but i do have a multi meter with me. and there's 4 points 2 points connected to each other.

sucky thing is that this is 1 of 2 main flower lights at the moment. I'll be doing business again with kingbrite as I got to get some drivers from them, so I'll ask if I can get a new clip or if I could buy a spare cob. But in the mean time I'll solder the wire as a jumper to get it back in the game, but I would really like to be able to get it back at full tilt providing I didn't fry it. and as I got some mods to make I will finish taping the holes... just that heatsink aluminum is so fucking gummy.

Attached Files:

2. Get some Kapton Tape if you need something to hold the led in place, its highly temp resistant tape and Ive seen it used to hold cobs in place

3. Is this thread dead?? Whats the out come here??

4. I fixed it.

I hacked the holder apart and soldered directly to the cob chip. It looks ugly as fuck but it works.

5. Damn u didnt update or nothing.. shit like this interest ppl we need to see shit happening.. lol

Great job fixin it tho

• Agree Agree x 1