co2 tips and knowledge

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jennybunny, Sep 13, 2012.

1. I only have 1 nice indoor grow under my belt but id really like to beef up my crops my 2nd time around and get a co2 reg and tank. Anything i should really know? hydro store says its pretty simple to do. Whats the GC people say?

2. Also heard about spraying your plants with carbonated water... yay? nay?

3. look up Unhinged or jakesterjammin on GC as i know they use Co2 and they are both very helpfull member here, just say middy says hello.
    middy

4. A little more information regarding your setup would help a lot.

IMO, if you want to go the route of co2 you don't want to skimp on it, definitely get a controller and get your room setup around it to where you'll be able to run it where you will not expel co2 as long as the conditions are right. Other means of supplementing co2 aren't really worth it, there are really only 2 surefire ways of supplementing co2 to a grow and that is with either a tank/reg combo or a propane powered co2 generator. With either that you choose though you WILL need a controller, just going off of room calculations is not a good idea, there are too many other variables that will affect the actual ppm levels in the room and you don't want them too high.

The way I look at co2 is, there will be ultimately 2 reasons why a grower wants to run it. Either A, they have the room completely dialed in with the exception of a slightly higher room temp so they'll supplement in high levels of co2 to help the stomata open back up to continue photosynthesis. Or they have the environment down pat (temp, humidity, lighting in check) and they just want to bulk up the plants, bottom line I would first make sure the environmental factors of the room are in check and then go with supplemental co2 using either co2 generator or tank/reg combo with a controller.

5. ok thanks alot guys. I went ahead and bought a Green garden co2 reg and have tanks lined up for my grow. Im looking up as much as i can for it all. Im going to make sure my room is complete and run check after check insuring im not wasting my co2 or anything. I had a little sit down with the hydro store owner and they told me alll about co2. Not sure if the controller is seprete and not on a reg. but they had told me i didnt need really anything really else

Thanks middy i will look for them aswell and ask some questions.

6. Well get a packet of yeast activate said yeast with 5 min of very warm but not too hot water but yeast into a bucket (make sure it has a lid) add 2 cups of sugar stir the soup than place a air stone bubbler into said bucket than poke a hole into the bucket lid use extra air stone tubing and put it into the hole you made now tape the other end of the tubing close to your plants.. congrats you just made a cheap yet very effective co2 generator for just a few $

7. i would say nay it leaves a sticky residue and contrary to other beliefs the co2 is miniscule and will dissipate very quickly but good innovations never hurts to experiment go for it if you wanna =)

8. thanks guys. The people at the hydro store tells me my co2 should be on every 15 mins?

9. Np, my grows like this.

I have about an 8x10 room. With a 2x4 closet witch i'll do clones. Im running 1000w air cooled hood vented outside thru my 420cfm inline. Also have a 6" ducting for cold air intake from outside aswell. Have panda plastic on all walls and am going to do a 6 plant scroog in witch i will take 6 more out every 4 weeks into flowering so i have multple harvests.

Now should i be dumping my co2 into the whole room (not a big room, considering im useing more then half of it for flowering.) or should i plastic it off 7x6.5 ?