CO2 tabs Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JustAnotherToker, Oct 8, 2013.

1. #2 bananamber, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    No. CO2 tabs are bullshit. Roots don't use CO2 unless it's an aquatic plant (There is some research that suggests certain plants do in fact use CO2 in the root system, although it's not well understood). If you supply CO2 to the water in hydroponics, you may very well end up saturating the water with CO2 and damaging the root system.

Just like how humans require oxygen or we suffocate, plant roots require it as well, or they suffocate.

2. Thats backwards roots like oxygen lwaves like the co2 can ya spray it on the leaves??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You would probably kill them. CO2 would drive out the oxygen and lower the PH value. The leaves take in co2 but the air has plenty of it so I would spend the money on an extra fan if you want to give the plants extra co2. Buy another air pump to get more oxygen to the roots too and you will likely see an improvement in growth

Can you spray CO2 onto the leaves? 

You could try, but it probably won't do anything. If you dissolved a CO2 tab into water, like soda, you could spray it onto the leaves. Unfortunately, CO2 at room temperature and pressure is a gas. It's going to turn into a gas and get diluted by the air in the room. Leaves don't take in liquids, it's not what they are for. In fact, they are for the exact opposite. So trying to get the leaves to absorb the liquid just won't work. 

5. Leaves abosorb liquid hence why if people foliar feed surely? cause the plant can absorb it through stomata but if you over folia feed you can block the stomata do correct me if im wrong tho with co2 tabs of you can get the ones that fizzle and release into the air then hang the cup at the top of the room just before lights on and you can give them a boost before turning on the fan but it really wont make too much difference unless you can seal your tent and not have to suck so much air out but tabs wont be enough

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. CO2 is not worth it unless you run a full system which can be hard work and extra cost/effort.

7. Too bad I got a reply just a day after I ordered the CO2 tabs lol.
    Well according to some replies I wont risk it with my current batch as I'm totally dry for over a month now and I still need to put my baibies to flower. But since I already ordered them on my next batch I will test it on 1 plant and since it will be from clone it will be the same plant so I can see for myself if they are actually bad or not.

8. Co2 bottles or burners are the only way to go, everything else is just bullshit to get new farmers $$..... Except! those "exhale" bags which I have 2 of for sale, lmao. Just kidding, they don't do shit either. And realistically, if you aren't hitting a gram a watt, even bottles or a burner are just a waste of money.

9. I used an Exhale bag on my last grow and my plants were huge. Don't know that it helped but it didn't hurt. I'll use one again. Good luck.

10. I just live and sleep in the same room as my plants. You'd be surprised how much extra CO2 that makes.

11. Buy a co2 fire extinguisher and give it a quick blast lol. Seriously though you would be far better off just buying another fan. There is plenty of co2 in the air already