CO2 Question? Please someone help me...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kushman1369, Apr 7, 2010.

1. I have been searching everywhere for this and I can't seem to come up with a definite answer. Probably doesn't help that I am stoned and it's 5am :) Please someone help me with this.

This is a CO2 question...

I have a 5x5x7 foot grow tent. I have all the necessary equipment to add CO2 but am not sure how long to set the timer, regulator and flow meter. Obv I know to not run it during the lights off time, but I can not come up with a definite answer on everything else, all this math I am reading isn't making sense to me. I know I want it at 1500 ppm and that the cubic feet of the tent is 175.

Can someone please make this simple for me and tell me how often and long I should have the timer set for, and what the flow meter and regulator should be set to? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

2. CO2 Calculator for growrooms and greenhouses! hydroponics, hydro, hydrogardening, aeroponics, aero-hydroponics, grow lights, grow rooms, greenhouse, orchids

thats a link to a co2 calculator, but just thaught id mention that using a timer is extremely inefficient and the bigger the plants are the more co2 they consume, so even if you use a timer for your room size it doesnt take into account the # of plants and the size of plants so using a timer is very inaccurate, you should either invest in a controller or just not use co2

3. Might have just found the answer. Great link for anyone with the same question. Still, would love some feedback. This site is saying I should have it on for 15.75 minutes every 3 hours. Does that sound right to you all? I am a total noob with CO2.

CO2 Calculator - Greentrees Hydroponics

4. LOL! Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Just put $4k into this grow room, might as well spend the $ for the controller. Was hoping I could get away with not using one, I've read in a lot of places that a smaller grow room can get away with not using a controller and still get great results. Just chalk up more $ I guess.

I still need to buy a damn electronic PH tester too, this shake in a tube method is for the birds....lol

5. Definitely invest in a digital PPM meter that kicks on when the levels fall below a set point, usually 1500 or close to it. I've run the CAP PPM-3 in two rooms, but I don't recommend this unit because of the shoddy wiring, and poorly designed connections. I've been replacing my CAP equipment with Sentinel Digital meters. They are worth the extra money.

6. I posted in another thread about this... Yeah, I've been reading a lot of reviews that say the same thing about the CAP. I will definitely invest in a better monitor. My question is can I just use a monitor and not hook it up to an environmental controller, just hook it straight to the regulator with a timer set up and hang it in the tent?

7. And this is selling on ebay for $300. Is this a total piece of crap? It's actually all I really need if it works well.

[​IMG]

HydroGEN's CO2 CONTROLLER / MONITOR
    Calibrated and maintenance free, the HydroGen CO2 Controller / Monitor utilizes top quality SenseAir® brand CO2 detection technology. This controller will work with any CO2 generator or bottle regulator. It is simply all you need to regulate CO2 in your garden.
    Ready to use right out of the box.
    Pre programmed to turn on your CO2 Generator at 1300 ppm and off at 1500 ppm.
    Easy to read indicator lights show CO2 levels.
    Installs easily with our wall mount bracket.
    120 Volt (household outlets) switched piggyback cord.

[​IMG]

8. Or I could just spend an extra $115 and get the entire Sentinel setup. Probably the wise choice. Just found that on Ebay for $415.

9. i got the plug-n-grow controller, its the same exact look as the sentinal, just a diff name, but it works great, ran me 700, but im in canada and even tho the dollar is stron the prices here are still outrageous, the sentinal was 950 or 1200, i cant remember

10. Yes, you can run the PPM monitor/controller without hooking up to anything else. You won't need a timer either. If you are running off a tank, you just plug into the piggyback plug on the PPM monitor and it automatically turns on and off as needed.

11. Thanks Toledo, really appreciate it. Well, I think I made the wise choice and just purchased the SENTINEL CPPM-1 CO2 CONTROLLER for $405 on ebay

[​IMG]

12. yep great buy, awsome price, im jealous, lol

13. LOL! Thanks again for all the help guys, definitely feel like I've been steered in the right direction. Only a few weeks till flowering, hopefully this increases everything big time.

14. For $100.00 more exactly ($505.00 total) you could have went with (like I did) the CHHC-1.......Runs it all for ya. I like it because it you can control day time and night time perameters...........Happy growing!