co2 + portable ac .. is a fan needed?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wh33ls, Feb 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hi

I've been doing a lot of studying while I slowly buy my equipment and I have a question

if I'm using:
    - hydroponic
    - LED lighting
    - controlled co2 at 1200-1500ppm
    - temperatures between 80-88 degrees
    - AC unit programmed to turn on at 90 and off at 80

would I really need an exhaust fan?

my thoughts were, that as the plant uses co2 and lowers the ppm, the controller will inject more co2 bringing the ppm back up... the AC would maintain the temperature inside without having to exhaust out any co2... is the only other issue humidity?

or could I have a sealed tent, injecting co2 with AC controlling the temperature and no need for carbon filters, intake and exhaust fans, vents?
    the smell is going to waft on out when the tent is opened up to train the plants

anyway.. any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated

ty in advance

2. I think fresh air should be introduced every 15-30mins. But when I ran co2 I had no intake or exhaust. But during lights out I run fans and vent and for lights on I seal

3. and had good results?

4. I would throw a fan. I am getting a port ac

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. I removed my tank and controller. Plants look much better honestly. Kind of annoying.
    Its in my bedroom co2 levels are always
    Ranging from 700-1900 regardless. Fresh moving air works better imo

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've been doing more reading. .. portable AC units in a sealed grow tent sounds like a hassle

• Like Like x 1
  7. I looked into CO2 for my space what I found out was this, you need an incredible amount of light 1000 ppfd across the entire canopy (this is hard to achieve) only then do your plants stop being light limited and then begin to be carb limited at this point they can use extra CO2, higher temps, and more nutrients. With all that most people say that the return is just not worth the cost and effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. what sort of light would give a 1000 ppfd?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alot of them do in a small area in the center HIDs would do it if you could somehow handle the heat of multiple hps bulbs but that's unlikely in a tent . Quantum boards would be what you would want for the job. imo I tried to take my grow to 800ppfd and my plants freaked out started growing twisted (light stress)
    You got to bring them up slowly.

10. Man how are u going to recover all the costs? I just grow for myself and a few mooches lol. Weed @100 a zip. Happy I have always been a hillbilly farmer. No exhaust fans or port ac and I live in 120 summers. Low rh and i still get pretty good weed. Air flow with fresh air and correct temps. Fans between lights and plants.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. i was thinking about getting this quantum board light
    Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit V2

I'm going to order a 8x5 tent.. I'm. sure 2 of these would be ideal for that size tent but I'll start off with one for now

I'm still planning and asking questions at this phase but I have started buying equipment slowly

ty for your reply. . I appreciate it

12. Can't go wrong with Hlg. That's a badass light