Co2 in flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by davdec1, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Hello,
    I have noticed some webbing on my plants in about 7th week of flower. I am going to use Co2 to combat the little basterds. I have read many places that bringing Co2 to 17000ppm for 1 hour a day for 5 or so days should combat them. I have vacuumed off all noticeable webbing. One issue I am having is my co2 controller/meter(Grozone Co2 controller) only goes to 5000ppm. I was just going to set up my co2 tank to come on manually with a timer for about 15-20 mins and hope its getting somewhat close to 17000ppm. My meter just says "over" when it gets to 5000+, so I know its getting at least over that. anyone recommend a way to know I am getting close to mite killing ppm? I don't wan to spend a bundle for a meter that I only use for this one issue.
    thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 17,000 ppm of CO2.. That is serious
    That is way beyond what is safe for you and your plants to be exposed to in a one hour period. Your plants will suffer from the effects of such high levels of CO2.
    Ceiling Exposure Limit, which is basically the maximum amount that one person can be exposed to a chemical or biological substance at any given time, for CO2 it is 30,000 ppm for a 10-minute period. Regardless that amount of CO2 is very of very high risk to your health.

I really like the idea, but prolonged exposure of excessive CO2 will not treat your plants right. The mites would do less damage than what the CO2 might

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am not worried about my health. I am not even in the room when the co2 levels are anywhere near danger level.

4. You may not be in the room, but your plants are..

5. Sounds reasonable to me. Except why would you do it 5 times? Why not just once to suffocate them?

• Disagree Disagree x 1