CO2 generators

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by juggalo419, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I'm going to make a co2 generator tonight and I was just curious if anybody else has tried the homemade generators and what kind if success you had with it?

2. for hydro/indoor/outdoor?

either way im subbed. try to post some pics when you are done because ive been wanting to do the same thing

3. My set up is indoor with soil. I'd love to try growing hydro one day, just not ready for that yet lol....baby steps. I'll def post some pics, before and after.

4. #4 Dark Seed, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    My CO2 Generator:

Muriatic Acid + Water @10:1 Ratio + White Marble Chips (Landscaping Rocks). 
    a few rocks at a time will produce steady output as seen below. The bubble carburetor  is not necessary but aids in reducing sharp odor of the acid and is an excellent measure of the production rate. Adding more rocks boosts production at the cost of having the acid neutralized more quickly, so its really about maintaining the balance according to how often you want to have to recharge it. Much cheaper and less labor intensive than disposable yeast systems.

2012 08 28 21 45 10 484 - YouTube

5. I just checked your link out, that generator is awesome! I'd like to make something similar to this for my grow.

6. I used an airstone in the video to demonstrate the amount of pressure it is capable of producing. Add ingredients slowly, water first, and never cap it off as it could produce an explosion or eruption capable of spewing acid all over you n your plants. You will have severe burns and they will be completely destroyed.