CO2 extraction

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by chronicseeds, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Thats how real "budder" is made im pretty sure. Lab quality shit so you prob need a chemistry background to know whats going on

2. yea that is what I have heard too

3. It creates the best quality budder out there, the initial cost of the set up though and chemical expertise needed to do it correctly has pretty much limited it to clubs and dispensaries . Just like anything else though, give it a few years and it will be cheaper.

4. SCFE is not how "budder" is made :eek:

5. Then maybe you have some knowledge that we don't? Please share what you know.

6. its how a form of budder is made lol

budder just being whipped oil essentially hahahahhaha

7. So what is the method to make the most powerful budder? I always thought Supercritical Fluid Extraction was the purest form.

8. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

its how a form of budder is made lol

budder just being whipped oil essentially hahahahhaha[/quote]

I don't see any reason why you would whip a SCFE, especially if CO2 was used as the solvent. Have you ever gotten CO2 processed budder? And if so, what were the reasons behind "buddering" the extract, rather than leaving it in it's natural state?

9. [quote name='"Chief Tokem"']

I don't see any reason why you would whip a SCFE, especially if CO2 was used as the solvent. Have you ever gotten CO2 processed budder? And if so, what were the reasons behind "buddering" the extract, rather than leaving it in it's natural state?[/quote]

Dude, I'm not the one to ask lol I think whipping oil is a moot step, I prefer to just have my oil as its normal form or shatter.

But I have indeed had co2 oil on many occaisons, it was whipped... people think it makes it better, ill agree it makes it smell way better, but I'm not looking to smell my oil, I'm lookin to skillet rip it into my lungs and get high hahahahahaha

When I make oil, I don't whip it... I've whipped a few batches out of pure boredom lol qwiso and bho, I don't have the means to make co2 oil obviously hahahah but, all it did was change its form and smell/flavor.... the high didn't change so, I don't care for it, but I don't deny it hahahaaha

By "I don't whip it" I mean I don't throroughly beat the bho, I do purge whipping just to make sure its purged well, but its more like a light stir, or I use my magnetic stir bar and my hotplate with magnetic stir capabilities which spins the bar so fast it may as well be called whipping

10. #11 Chief Tokem, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Dude, I'm not the one to ask lol I think whipping oil is a moot step, I prefer to just have my oil as its normal form or shatter.

But I have indeed had co2 oil on many occaisons, it was whipped... people think it makes it better, ill agree it makes it smell way better, but I'm not looking to smell my oil, I'm lookin to skillet rip it into my lungs and get high hahahahahaha

When I make oil, I don't whip it... I've whipped a few batches out of pure boredom lol qwiso and bho, I don't have the means to make co2 oil obviously hahahah but, all it did was change its form and smell/flavor.... the high didn't change so, I don't care for it, but I don't deny it hahahaaha[/quote]

For sure. Was the CO2 "oil" that had been whipped a buddery constancy? Or was it oil? I didn't say SCFE can't be whipped, I said it doesn't make budder.

I really have to think that "buddering" has little to do with the terpenes at all and really just dehydrates your oil (removing the moisture and doing god knows what to the terpenes or THC).

11. Hmm...definitely some misunderstandings here. Whipping bho as you purge does not magically create "budder". It is just whipping air into the bho, essentially oxidizing it, making it easier to handle.

Idk...just saying. You could reach a 90+% with a background in organic chemistry and a c02 extractor with years of trial and error. But the average joe's wax (not budder) is 50-70%

The REAL budder was tested at 80-90%...where as most errls test anywhere from 50-70%. I think most dispensaries buy these waxes and then call them budders...when it fact it is just a wax.

"Hornby's tests also found Budder contains 80 to 90% of its cannabinoids as THC. It contains much smaller percentages of two other cannabinoids: cannabidiol and cannabinol. Of these two, cannabidiol (CBD) is most important because it has medicinal effects and moderates the stimulative effects of THC."

12. [quote name='"washedmothafuka"']Hmm...definitely some misunderstandings here. Whipping bho as you purge does not magically create "budder". It is just whipping air into the bho, essentially oxidizing it, making it easier to handle.

Idk...just saying. You could reach a 90+% with a background in organic chemistry and a c02 extractor with years of trial and error. But the average joe's wax (not budder) is 50-70%

The REAL budder was tested at 80-90%...where as most errls test anywhere from 50-70%. I think most dispensaries buy these waxes and then call them budders...when it fact it is just a wax.

"Hornby's tests also found Budder contains 80 to 90% of its cannabinoids as THC. It contains much smaller percentages of two other cannabinoids: cannabidiol and cannabinol. Of these two, cannabidiol (CBD) is most important because it has medicinal effects and moderates the stimulative effects of THC."[/quote]

Yea, I use the term budder as the common man does, to define wax lol

That's what sucks about the oil world.... no one seems to know what they actually mean "I got some budder dude" its just some wax......

You know how it goes lol

But budder is indeed correctly used to define a high % concentrate that's whipped like wax hahahaha only its waaaay better

13. #14 Chief Tokem, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    From my experience "budder-ing" is the result of poor purging methods, or scraping your extract too early. It seems to be the general consensus (in the concentrated community) that "budder" is an unwanted final product.

I am pretty sure that "budder" is used a lot more than "wax" to describe that dry, crumbly, unpurged nonsense that so many clubs push! I have read countless threads about purging "budder" back down into a more pure concentrate.

Sorry if I offended anyone by using the wrong term (for this website). The amount of knowledge about extracts here on GC does not even compare to the amount on other forums. I apologize for using the wrong lingo and will now return to the shadows! :smoke: