CO2 Enrichment and Burning Incense Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Count, Apr 20, 2010.

1. would burning incense in your grow room increase co2? or would it make your plant smell and taste like shit?

2. The increase in Co2 would be negligible and it would smell like shit. Look into getting some wine yeast, They're cheap.. you mix it in with 2 cups of sugar and water.. it creates Co2 for 2 weeks (good for a small growspace).

You could setup several of these around your plants.

3. hey thanks for your quick reply thats nice of you

does wine yeast smell ok?

4. Is this for soil or hydro grow? Do you put it in the plant feeding water? Or do you just put the MIXTURE in a cup and set it in the grow space?

5. It's for either & it's placed in the grow space (preferably above the garden) to be utilized during the "lights on" phase.

6. Where do you buy wine yeast and what is the amount of wine yeast per 2 cups of sugar

7. #7 HippieGardner, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    mix the contents in a 2 liter bottle. get 2 small air tubes from a local fish store as well as a cheap pump and air stone. drill 2 holes in the cap. one tube connected to the airpump and with a airstone attached should be placed into the mixture. the second tube should not be submerged in the mix. cut all tube ends at 45 degrees.

what is going to happen is the air pump will force bubbles through the air stone and the tube not submerged will allow the co2 to be released in to the air. here is a link, i have used this method and swear by it...nothing is better than a real set up but this is a killer DIY method.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3SDfKzgTQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Grower Haven - CO2 Generator (DIY)[/ame]

this method doesnt show the extra tube..that was my idea to push the co2 better and faster. it really makes this a better setup if you add it....either will work because even without the pump you will notice after a few minutes small bubbles in the mix....thats your co2.

if you dig it feel free to toss a little rep id appreciate it

hope this helps.

last thing...i dont use wine yeast. i use regular "fast acting" yeast from the grocery store, brown sugar and good ol' water. GL

8. Active Dry Brewers Yeast works. I got two pounds off amazon for 11 bucks. I use a cup per gallon of yeast and cup of sugar. Mix it up in a gallon or bigger container that you have sealed up with a vent hose comming out the top. Only fill the container about half way, you want the top to be just the air and co2 to be pumped out. Use an air pump to pump out the co2. Change the water and mix when you open it up and it is no longer bubling, that means it has stoped making co2.

If you use a 5 gallon bucket is should last a couple weeks.

I use it and it works great for me.

Hope that helps, Good Luck:smoking:

9. No, never pour this stuff into your feeding tank or soil.. This stuff needs to be in its own separate container next to your plants. Remember, this will only work in a small grow space.

The reason why I suggest Wine or Champagne Yeast is because it has a higher alcohol tolerance than most types of yeast. You should be able to get them at a brew shop if you can find one nearby or order online. Here's a site:

Brewstock - Pasteur Champagne Dry Yeast by Red Star, 5 gm pack

So basically you just empty a packet of this stuff into a bottle filled with about 2 cups of sugar mixed with warm water. This solution will bubble up a little after a while so leave some space. This should produce CO2 for about 2 weeks. Depending on the size of your grow space I would recommend a few of these setups.