Co2, and is it worth it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Addicted, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Ok, I am thinking of pumping Co2 for faster growth, but the price of a tank is boggling my mind!! I was wondering if anyone knows of any ways of making Co2 for a decent price and decent smell, hehe.. $329 doesnt seem like a good idea for only 6 plants, hehe.

Thanks in advance

2. Yeast and sugar:
    Use a five gallon pail and dissolve a 4lb. bag of sugar into warm water. Add brewer's yeast (best) and then sit back. Provided the solution is kept faily warm the yeast will remain active, eat the sugar, and shit the CO2 for about a week. After that time the alcohol level will usually rise enough and kill the yeast though. Repeat process.

This method supplies the CO2 more evenly throughout the week however the solution must be kept warm enough for the yeast to thrive. Too cold and the solution just sits there and stinks up the place.

10 or more plants, and i'd say its worth it.

3. Co2 is worth it if you are doing a big grow. Around 30% extra yeild is hard to refuse.

4. Bag that for the trouble, just grow one or two more plants.

5. im not sure exactly how much co2 you need, but paintball markers use co2. go to a paintball store and buy a tank for 40 bucks(max) and get it filled for like 3 bucks...

alot cheaper then $330 (thats for like welding tanks)

heres a pic.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/030-0202.html

6. If you have fresh air going into your growroom you really don't need it. If your cheap just get some fans to get fresh air in and stale air out all the time. But i understand that becomes a problem with smell, but you can push the air thats going outside through a filter.