CO2 and Fans??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grizzle88, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Hello all,

Quick question....I have a large 40-pound co2 tank and was wondering what some people thought about coupling it with the two existing oscillating fans I have in my room. I was told by a High-Tech garden store that it might not be a good idea to have both the co2 and the fans on at the same time....and I still don't understand why. I feel like it would help drastically if I could have the fans blasting the co2 on the plants because I feel like I am losing so much of it just running it straight up.

Any insight would be awesome

Thanks!

2. I always thought that fans helped move it around the room...but guess Ill hang around till you get a better answer since Im gonna need to know the answer as well

3. I'm with you man, doesn't it make sense? Have all that co2 just engulfing the plants?

Someone out there help a brother out!
    Thanks!

4. Does your grow room have any kind of exhaust system?

5. Negative on the exhaust fan. Door is constantly closed, so there is no way for the co2 to leave. Is that a problem? I figure the co2 will just keep circulating as there is no way for it to escape.

6. From what ive read; its good for the old air to escape periodically, and sounds like all you need is a small out, or just keep the door cracked a little when you can? But i would think that a periodic spurt of co, with the fans circulating the air good, you would be good? Good luck with it,

7. good stuff appreciate it

not a problem to keep the door cracked, and i guess it makes sense to get the stale air out of there

thanks!

8. dont have the co2 on all the time, probably on for 15min a time every 12 hours or so, get a controll valve and then have that to turn on for 15min while your fans turn off for 15min

9. Co2 is heavier than the air in your grow box so either have it fall on your plants or run your line to the back side of a fan so the fan will suck it up and blow it on your plants. Also don't leave the door cracked you are just wasting co2. Get an exhaust fan and vent once an hour or once ever 2 hours.

10. The point of C02 is to saturate your plants periodically increasing nute uptake dramatically. I would turn off all fans when saturating with C02. The point of refreshing the air with exhaust fans is to replentish the absorbed C02 depleted air with new fresh air. When using C02 you already met that need and dont need to have airflow, because plants need C02. I would definetly turn off the ocilating fans so the ganties can be saturated at intervals with C02. I have a BC northern lights producer-All legal too, and its all automated(everything), i would definetly pick one up if you can find em used.