CNN To Ditch News Programming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Nov 10, 2013.

1. #1 Swills, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    Good riddance. 

http://www.westernjournalism.com/cnn-ditch-news-programming/#JrtsoUmKxMMmMO3s.99

This is what happens when people stop watching! Stop watching and supporting shitting news outlets. 

2. damn thats like half of Stewart's and Colbert's material gone :)

3. Maybe MSNBC and FOX will stop broadcasting news, too. I hope.

4. They stopped a long time ago. 

5. Is this why they've been showing some Whalefish documentary or some shit damn near everyday?

6. To be fair, Blackfish was pretty interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Whats ironic is it took them this long to report it hahaha.

8. I'm surprised none of the usual status quo supporters garrison, ic green or penelope have not come in here to defend cnn, after all they always stress the importance of using MSM sources and attack  my sources. 

9. So they are going to be like Al Gore's Current TV?  Sounds like a good plan.

10. can we now consider links to CNN an unreliable source of information?

11. I thought the channel had always been called "commercials, no news."

OOOOOO SNAP

13. close, its: 'commercials!-not news'

14. Give me a fucking break.

If you can find ONE quote from me where I've "stressed the importance" of using "news" sites like CNN or MSNBC as accurate sources of information, I will leave this forum and never come back. In another thread recently, I compared MSNBC to Alex Jones, FFS.

When I stress the importance of accurate sources, I mean things like scientific journals and double blind studies and focusing on facts, not speculation and bullshit science and math.

15. #15 Green Wizard, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    This might date me, but I remember back during the first gulf war, the one that lasted three days, and this was when CNN popped out of the blackness of the sky like a star. The 24 hour coverage of the gulf war was amazing. Like never before you had reporters on the ground broadcasting in real time the air attacks by coalition forces. There has never been a war so completely covered by the news reporters with real time transmissions. That was CNN's golden hour. After that, Fox news began taking up some broadcast bandwidth, and by the time Iraq war round two came around, sensationalism seemed to creep into the coverage as a result of the competition. It's been downhill ever since for the 24 hour news cycle outlets.

edit: One more point of interest. I was in the reserves during the beginning of the Iraq war in 2003. On the TV's, all around the base, in the galleys, they were all tuned to Fox news for the war coverage. Hmmm.

16. CNN, like the other mainstream news outlets, is a joke.

17. "relevant content from competitors such as Fox News"

This made me laugh very hard.

18. i think the gulf war and it's coverage was what george carlin was talking about during his "we like war" routine. one of my favorites.

19. we like war cause were good at it. :laughing:

20. #20 AugustWest, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013

didn't they fake a bunch of that gulf war footage?
    i think there's videos of it.. i'll try and find it when i get home.

edit: there it is..

fake? i donno..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df4_1336785631