C'mon guys, tell me I did the right thing

Discussion in 'General' started by bp4er, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Ok, so I'm going to vacation in SoCal in 2 weeks and I been saving up my bud for like 2 weeks now (jus smoking shake, and saving all my bud) specifically for this trip because my birthday is on the 27th of this month and i will be in cali from the 26th til the 2nd or 3rd of next month and I wanted to get blazed everyday while I was there but Especially on my birthday- i was gona smoke 21 bowls for my 21st bday.
    But, I have a childhood friend who was my best friend since 6th grade but eventually he stopped talking to me cuz i had a drug problem (all around i used everything but wont go into that due to new rules on the site), and i jus recently got out of jail 2 months ago and we finally patched things up and he's talking to me again.
    SO, i decided to invite him to go with us, unsure of whether he'd be able to go cuz of his work schedule. well, turns out he can and now I'm kinda bummed that i wont be able to blaze in cali (those 2 go hand in hand n i cant believe i wont be able to do it) because if i smoke pot he will be mad and wont talk to me anymore, Again.
    Now, for all those who say "if he cant even handle u smoking pot then fuck him", remember he's a child hood friend and important to me, and he jus gets mad at me using anything anymroe after everything i been thru cuz of my substance abuse.
    NOW, i Know i did the right thing cuz my homie is more important to me than any substance, but i still cant get over the fact that i'm gona be in cali and not be able to toke.
    Tell me i did the right thing so i'll feel better.

to end this im gona say- this is an extremely pointless thread, but im at school bored as fuck and had nothing better to do than make this thread, so c'mon everybody tell me i made the right choice, and haters- tell me what a fail this thread is.

PEACE!:smoke:

2. ha ha not smoking in cali hahahaha

3. you need to work with him on the issue of him being mad at youwhen
    you need to blaze up some buds man..
    if he cant tell you why he really has a problem with it, and work with you
    than you should, i mean SHOULD def consider kickin the bucket on those
    relations.

because its only gonna cause yourself problems man
    and him.
    not worth it

Edit: you should not have invited him in the first place dude..
    ??? hmm

4. i think you did the right thing, you can always go blaze in cali, but your friend might now always be there.

but its just pot so they should learn to deal with it.

5. No offense, but a friend who stops talking to you because you have a problem of any sorts isn't a friend. Kid sounds like a bit of a prick. Just cause he's been around since childhood doesn't mean you have to like him.

6. you really think he would mind on your birthday? i would make an effort to not smoke every other day and then just say to him "you mind if i blaze a little today? it is my birthday"

if you had brought weed a long with you and not smoked any up till that point it would show your friend that you can at least hold off smoking pot and dont have to smoke every single day, even if you do have bud.

7. LOL, i know right? FML.

8. Honestly, unless you're smokin' medical cali bud and you're not an MMJ patient, it's better to hang with an old friend and make some memories.

9. bro! i dream of being of going to cali and getting blazed.....

DO IT FOR ME!!!!! you have been saving your nice bud for so long!!
    don't let your lungs down :( THINK OF THE WEED.

10. No, you definately did the right thing. This is a chance to make up with him but you need to be straight forward. Tell him that you do still smoke but you no longer do anything else. And you won't do it when he is around out of pure respect for his opinions. It will make it even if he agrees to stay your friend even though you still smoke but not anything else. This may be your only chance to catch up with him. You will always have your weed when you get back.

11. Bro's before ho's; but Mary Jane is another matter all together :smoke:

12. The OP has clearly stated that his mate means more to him than any substance. A lot of factors come into a friendship, not just how long he's been around and his tolerance to your vices. Calling the guy a prick seems a bit out of order to me. Also, we don't know circumstances on why he stopped talking to him. The OP stated that he's just come out of prison, so I think it's a safe assumption there was something else involved other than a little bit of weed. He wasn't asking for your judgement of his friend.

OP, from what you've said mate, it sounds to me like you did the right thing. As I said above, only you know the full history of your friendship, but it sounds like you value it a lot, so making the sacrifice of not smoking weed is probably a wise move.

I don't think anyone's calling it a pointless thread. Is this not what forums are for?

13. he has a problem with it cuz after everything i been thru cuz of drugs, he cant believe i still do em (he considers weed a drug even tho he's from oregon ): )

good idea but i wouldnt really have time to do that, we leave to cali on the 26th, my bday is on the 27th :/

yea he kinda a prick about it tho, he says im choosing drugs over him. wtf man, i cant have both? i still respect him and be his friend but somehow im choosing drugs over him idk man.. also he's the only friend i have these days who doesnt use hard drugs that i cant talk about on this site cuz of the rules, so he's a good person to keep around.. :/

thanks for all the input guys!:)

14. i would like to tell him that but iv tried before, and he doesnt care, he doesnt want any of it.. :/ idk il have to figure sumthn out.. Yes, i will always have my weed when i get back good point ;)

thank you for more positive feedback, i was jus in county jail not prison, but yes there was more than jus MJ in there.
    yea, i jus had a thread that was a fail last night because i talked bout other drugs so i wasnt expecting too much friendly support in this thread, but thanks for proving me wrong :)

15. One Word- EDIBLE'S

what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

16. Tell him you cancelled your plans to CA and then still go.

I dunno man, I've lost friends because of MJ, and I've kept friends that have never touched it but know I do. If he really is a good friend, he shouldnt be so judgemental.

It really is just bud. I honestly wouldnt have invited him in the first place if you KNOW you're trip is to SMOKE and he's against it.

I would say no, you did NOT do the right thing by inviting him.

17. for sure did the right thing, but 2 weeks without smoking in cali....damnnnn.

im in florida right now and unable to blaze for the first time in 2 years.

im kinda frekin out too man, were in the same boat:smoke:

18. I'd say, fuck you it's my birthday, piss off.

Smoking is a personal choice.

19. i know, i was drunk last night when i invited him, but i cant say we canceled n then go, he'd find out, he's a friend of my entire family and he would see their pics and status's on facebook...

20. ok, plan is im gona text him right now and say something to make it sound like a joke to see how he takes it. something like "its gona be my 21st bday were gona get totally wasted then do like 10 bong hits n get the spins n puke off the balcony until we collapse into a coma for the night" n see how he takes it.. il let ya guys know how it goes...