CMH in 5x5 tent?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Birdman1984, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Hey everybody I was just wondering if anyone out there is successfully using a 630W CMH in a 5x5 tent and what are you doing to keep temps down? My tent is a 5x5 with an 8 inch carbon filter and 8inch air intake... I’m currently running 3 mars leds in it and heats not an issue at all but would like to use my CMH if at all possible but I have the feeling it’ll make temps soar real quick... anyways any ideas would be great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Each light is good for 3 by 3 if you try to do anything outside of it your plants will stretch and not quite get the light they need

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. For a 630 watt?
    I've never used the CMH only the HID with MH and HPS

4. Do you mean each bulb covers 3x3? It’s a double bulb CMH if that makes a difference. I’m thinking I can put a portable a/c unit in but won’t that keep it pretty well the same temp night and day? Any suggestions on how I’d get it to drop a bit cooler at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. No 315. But boys at hydro said something about the 630. Something to do with those being different. But I'm sure in a tent and all should be plemty

6. Sorry should have specified! I only looked at hortilux 630. It's a different bulb. I love the fact that my bulb is vertical not hortiluxr cmh 315. Their bulbs by far the best just put them side-by-side with a Philips agro and you'll laugh. The hortilux also has added UV in their bulbs I think that kind of helps you with p.m. and stuff like that too

7. Liner is a 4x4 I try to center i
    My plants in a 3x3. If I try too much, the outside plants will be all stretched 20190930_082335.jpg 20190930_082340.jpg